Healing Foods

@Pat Yes its true that mushroom is also considered as one of our healing foods. Here in our place we all have the kinds of mushroom and it is always included in our meals everyday. We seldom eat meat and we are using these mushrooms as a replacement to meat in some of our recipes. There is really no doubt of the medicinal benefits that it will give to our health. Plant based natural foods is really what we need during this time in our life.

Last edited:
Carrots are supposed to be good for your eyes, and seafood is supposed to help sharpen your thinking. :wink:

When it comes to healing foods garlic has anti fungal and anti allergy properties and can help lower the blood pressure too. Onion and Ginger Juice is good for colds and coughs. Bitter melon is good for diabetes. Carrots is good for the eyes, for diarrhea and for cancer prevention. Green tea has many antioxidant properties that is good for our health. There are still many other healing foods that we should take in consideration as a preventive measures and to be included as part of our daily diet to help us maintain the good health of our families.
Beetroot juice is good for blood pressure it can reduce it by 7 percent ,but I find my fresh beetroot juice to harsh ,the bought stuff is smoother

Cranberries are excellent for urinary tract health. I have had many issues with my tract over the years, so I try to keep my diet plentiful with cranberries and cranberry juice. Cranberries clean out your system.

Garlic is good for the circulation. For those that find chewing raw bulbs a bit too intimating, munching the odd leaf of wild garlic is much more user friendly. Garlic soup is another tasty way of getting plenty of garlic into the system. This is a very common dish in Eastern Europe, though the beneficial effects are sometimes spoiled by a vast lump of melted cheese at the bottom of the bowl!

Cranberries are excellent for urinary tract health. I have had many issues with my tract over the years, so I try to keep my diet plentiful with cranberries and cranberry juice. Cranberries clean out your system.

I find that cranberry juice is so helpful too. Initially, I didn't fancy the idea of drinking something so acidic at first, I thought things could get very...painful, if you know what I mean but it actually worked wonders. I'll drink cranberry juice around 4-5 times a week now and remain UTI-free.

Initially, I didn't fancy the idea of drinking something so acidic at first,
@missbishi Cranberry juice has a typical pH of 2.3 to 2.5, with water being a pH of 7.0 typically and the range going from 0-14 conventionally (It is possible to have negative pH but I won't go there, it complicates matters too much.
Your stomach typically has a pH range of 1.5 to 3.5 if I recall correctly. Thus cranberry juice can be more or less acidic than your stomach acid, however, typically it is less acidic than stomach acid so has little impact on 'things down there'!

I like to revisit this thread ever so often and when I do there is always something I can take away. Today I am taking away that garlic can help with mild toothache, and the cranberry conversation is of interest. Someone said they don't fancy the acidic taste which is really the one thing I enjoy about Cranberry juice. Did anyone mention Tumeric? These days people around here are recommending it to cure just about everything

We have a few healing plants in our garden and I am thinking of creating a thread about it. I have no intention to promote those plants. It just so happened that we needed them for our own healing so they are there in the garden. When I was diagnosed with kidney stones, the pill given to me was priced at 50 cents. Taken 3 times a day, that $1.50 already, equivalent to a person's simple meal. Since the doctor agreed with natural healing plants, that started our quest for the natural efficacy of healing plants.

We have this herb called Tawa-tawa which is surprisingly could combat dengue which is a fatal disease caused by mosquito bites. This year, there were 2 cases of dengue that needed our help. One is Yasmien Kurdi, a tv and movie personality who was in the hospital for 4 days. When she had taken the tea brewed from the tawa-tawa herb, her health greatly improved on the next day. Another case is my nephew.

Here is our small plantation of Tawa-tawa...
IMG_4117 tawa2.JPG

I just make my food as colorful as possible owing my knowledge of nutrients to Korean cuisine. I make sure to have, green, red and yellow there. I forgot what properties they have but they're also associated with chakra and energy levels so make your food colorful people! :)

Next time you feel stressed, reach for a banana. It has 30% of the day’s vitamin B6, which helps the brain produce mellowing serotonin, getting you through a crisis peacefully.

Food is not just for enjoyment or survival. Food can heal. You just need to know what foods have what properties, such as cinnamon lowers blood pressure or bitter melon fruit helps with maintaining sugar levels in diabetics. Here is an article in Live Strong that talks about some of these foods and how they can help you. Just by incorporating these foods into your diet at least twice a week can help to improve both you and your families overall health.

List of Foods That Heal the Body

I do agree that there are so many foods that are healing and good for our bodies. I like to use ginger tea when it's that time of the month. Lipton has a new brand that is so delicious. It contains ginger and lemon in the tea bag. The ginger has just the right amount of strength and it really soothes me doing that time.

Now when it comes to healing foods I have a secret I love to share (does this mean it's not a secret?)

If I have a cold or flu, instead of using Lemsips I use Ringtons Lemon Ginger and Ginseng infusion tea bags and take a couple of paracetamol with it if it's really bad. I find it works better than Lemsips bought at the chemist. I just make it much stronger than I would normally.

The added bonus is you can drink this as much as you like, as often as you like as long as you only take the paracetamol with it every four hours at most (see recommended dosage on your paracetamol pack). Drink it while it's really hot and it really clears your nose and head. Wonderful stuff.

By the way, I have no incentive from Ringtons to hype their products :)

I've also had good results with any good brand of peppermint tea too.

Back
Top Bottom