Healthy Frosting Recipe Help

pinkcherrychef

Local time
11:06 AM
Well my hubby and I are having our first anniversary this weekend. To celebrate I'm going to make a healthy tasty cake. The only issue is I only no 2 main ingredients you can use for making frosting that make frosting.

The first is powdered sugar. I don't use sugar in anything anymore not even my coffee.
I only use honey and molasses. Then, of course, there is marang that is made with egg whites.

I honestly am quite scared of that one. So are there any other things I can use to make a delicious frosting without these 2 ingredients?

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I've used the following recipe before, and it was a good facsimile of a buttercream frosting (my favorite kind). I have tried making frosting with Stevia, and it didn't work very well. Stevia purports to be hundreds of times more concentrated than sugar, but it doesn't taste like sugar if it's an in-your-face sweet recipe. However, this Swerve sugar replacement does a decent job. You can get it on Amazon.com (hopefully, they deliver to Egypt).

Ingredients

1/2 cup light butter (room temperature)
1 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons skim milk

Blend until it achieves the desired consistency, adding milk gradually as needed.

Here's the original recipe (I subbed in light butter, but regular butter can be used if you can't get that):

https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/sugar-free-vanilla-buttercream-frosting/

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I've used the following recipe before, and it was a good facsimile of a buttercream frosting (my favorite kind). I have tried making frosting with Stevia, and it didn't work very well. Stevia purports to be hundreds of times more concentrated than sugar, but it doesn't taste like sugar if it's an in-your-face sweet recipe. However, this Swerve sugar replacement does a decent job. You can get it on Amazon.com (hopefully, they deliver to Egypt).

Ingredients

1/2 cup light butter (room temperature)
1 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons skim milk

Blend until it achieves the desired consistency, adding milk gradually as needed.

Here's the original recipe (I subbed in light butter, but regular butter can be used if you can't get that):

https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/sugar-free-vanilla-buttercream-frosting/
Oh wow I've never heard of swerve before. Unfortunately Egypt doesn't have that but thank you I look around the stores just in case

Oh wow I've never heard of swerve before. Unfortunately Egypt doesn't have that but thank you I look around the stores just in case
Here's another one that I didn't love as much (note what I said about Stevia earlier), but it does work as a frosting:

Ingredients

1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp plain fat free Greek yogurt
pinch Stevia
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Well my hubby and I are having our first anniversary this weekend. To celebrate I'm going to make a healthy tasty cake. The only issue is I only no 2 main ingredients you can use for making frosting that make frosting.

I'm interested in how you are making this cake without sugar - care to share the recipe?

I very seldom frost cakes because frosting is way too sweet, so I'm afraid that I'm no help either. :(:headshake:

Here's another one that I didn't love as much (note what I said about Stevia earlier), but it does work as a frosting:

Ingredients

1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp plain fat free Greek yogurt
pinch Stevia
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Thank you I'll keep this recipe in mind for future cakes. I'm not a fan of stevia because of the bitter after taste >.< but I'm sure honey will be a good substitute for that.

Back
Top Bottom