Heavy or light breakfast?

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
8:52 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
I know plenty of people that advocate for both ways. My husband loves to have a big hearty breakfast as he's always saying that it gives him the rest of the day to burn it off. He's quite a strict three meals a day person with no snacks in between.

I'm more of a grazer on the other hand so I prefer a smaller breakfast and then I'll usually have a snack before lunch.

What about you - are you a big breakfast or small breakfast eater?

It depends on the circumstances. I tend to have small breakfasts during the week and then bigger ones at the weekend. Whenever I'm staying at a hotel, I am a greedy pig, as long as breakfast is included in the price!

I am on a diet since the other day due to my excess poundage that was the result of several feasts that I attended recently. To make me lose faster, I decided to forgo with dinner for 1 week. But for breakfast, it is okay to eat a heavy breakfast amid my diet program. In fact, we prefer a heavy breakfast so that our body is packed with energy that we need until lunch time. Light breakfast makes light -headed that I need to take a mid-morning snack.

It depends...through the week I have either a light breakfast or no breakfast at all. On the weekends we like to have a big breakfast at least one day of the weekend. It usually consists of eggs, toast, harsh browns, beans, sausage, bacon or ham and sometimes even some freshly cooked biscuits. Of course a big cup of coffee to finish it off. Through the week I usually just have a few pieces of toast and jam.

It's often so light that sometimes I have nothing at all. I have heard of some eating rice and what I might call lunch or dinner but I have never been able to do this. The odd occasion when I have a 'heavy' breakfast, it's going to include an egg and some toast and maybe some fruit. By the time I get around to eating anything most days I'd have to call it 'brunch'.

It depends...through the week I have either a light breakfast or no breakfast at all. On the weekends we like to have a big breakfast at least one day of the weekend. It usually consists of eggs, toast, harsh browns, beans, sausage, bacon or ham and sometimes even some freshly cooked biscuits. Of course a big cup of coffee to finish it off. Through the week I usually just have a few pieces of toast and jam.
Almost the same except that sometimes I even skip breakfast on a weekday altogether. Saturday is the breakfast day and it's more or less the same as above but I tend to include black pudding fried bread and maybe a sausage with a croissant instead of the biscuits.

I am not strict when it comes to how full a breakfast is. I play it by hunger pangs haha if I feel like eating more then I will eat a full meal although most of the time I eat small amount of anything served on the table. I do understand that people who leaves home for work need to at least have something in their tummy to sustain them throughout the day because they can not afford to take several breaks while at work unlike moms or those who stay home we can eat any time of the day

I prefer to have a lighter breakfast. I think it is hard for my body to digest s lot of heavier food first thing in the morning and I feel like I have less energy when I make myself eat more than I really want to before I am even really active. I save heavier foods for later in the day.

I have a light breakfast most days before I ride to work ,I never ha e breakfast at work as we do have 8 rooms for bed and breakfast ,but I do like a good big breakfast on holiday ,fruits , cheeses ,meats ,pastries ,jams as normal to many choices

I play it by ear or should I say stomach and what I have planned.
Usually it is a bowl of cereal with chia seeds on it and a mug of hot almond milk for the drink. If I am going off cycling I will often include a couple of plums or nectarines in with that.
Today I have had the cereal with chia seeds, almond milk and then because I was meant to be going cycling and I was still hungry I have had my dessert from my evening meal - gooseberry crumble. My OH is not home tonight for tea, so it does not matter what order I eat my meals in. But it started to rain heavily and the forecast is better for this afternoon so now I have eaten more than I would have done normally and am feeling guilty.

The other day I was off on a long cycle ride with a friend and was feeling exhausted, so breakfast was the cereal with chia seeds, hot almond milk twice, followed by a hot chocolate made with more almond milk and then 2 rounds of toast made from sourdough and jam... oh and 2 plums plus 7 dates... I cycled faster than normal!

The amount of breakfast I eat varies with me. Some days it is light and on other days I would eat a lot more. It all depends on what I have available in the house at the time. My breakfast always consists of some kind of cereal first of all. After this, it could be eggs and ham or sausages with fried plantain and fried potatoes, along with a hot beverage of my choice. On lighter days I would just have a bowl of cereal, a hot beverage and some bread with cheese, peanut butter or ham.

What I have for breakfast varies according to what's going on in my life. I would never suggest anyone eat a heavy meal at any time because to me that seems difficult to digest. I think it's important to eat a substantial enough meal at any sitting to carry you through the day until the next time you are able to eat. In the morning it's important to raise your blood sugar levels and to have a good amount of calories in order to function. People who have to watch their glucose levels have to be very careful about their morning choices, however.

Light breakfasts. I don't like feeling full and bloated in the morning, so I like to keep my breakfasts light but relatively filling.

Back
Top Bottom