Heavy or light breakfast?

I always believe in eating very light don't get full, get 80% full so as to reduce heart disease and such. I exercise a lot so protein is a big deal to me so I don't skip meals like lunch and dinner. For breakfast carbs and protein is a good started with milk or orange juice. Get your fix of coffee by 10 when the energy gets low.

I really prefer heavy breakfast. The kind with rice, fruit, milk, egg and chicken or pork chops. If I just eat bread and coffee in the morning, I easily get tired before lunch. Maybe because of my lifestyle, I have four kids to attend to and I have no house help so I do all the household chores. I need to fill up my body with energy giving foods so I can last the day. I also take vitamins before I go to bed so I practically invest in my health so that I can be effective when it comes to my duties.

Light breakfast, always black tea with half lemon squeezed in it
sometimes with some biscuits or a piece of cake...

completely different when I'm on holydays, when I use to plunder the buffet, taking chees and ham and...well, everything XD

I generally prefer to go for bigger breakfasts, simply because breakfast is one of my most favorite meals of the day, but also because I never know when or if I will get enough time to grab a lunch, so it's nice to fill up in the morning and be full through lunch in case I cannot get any time to grab a lunch. Plus I can always dial it back and get a light lunch if I am still full from breakfast by the time lunch time rolls around. One of the other benefits of eating a big breakfast is that the breakfast food items themselves are often some of the most inexpensive meals to make. Some eggs are a far cheaper protein than a steak or some chicken breasts. I mean, two eggs, a potato (which I will cook into home fries) and a couple slices of toast, and maybe a couple links of sausage is less than a couple bucks total, perhaps even under a dollar if I do the math. Even home made Belgian Waffles in your waffle iron are dirt cheap to make and super filing.

The only thing I try to watch out for when eating in the morning is to not get too carried away with coffee, since it goes right through me for some reason, and I will inevitably be in the bathroom all morning. Strangely water, juice, soda or tea don't do that to me, but coffee does.

If it is the weekend and I have no where to go at all. Then I will eat heavy and just sit down playing some video games. When I have to go to work or go to school then it is a small bowl of cereal and a fruit. Plus, it is a lot easier to eat light when you on in a rush as you have to put stuff together rather quickly.

I am a light breakfast eater, cereal, yogurt and fruit does it for me for breakfast. I try to have my large meal for lunch and just a salad for dinner to keep the pounds down.

I definitely tend to eat light for breakfast as I start work at 7.30am, so I'm eating at about 6.30, not the time of day for a heavy breakfaast for me! :D I'm happy with some good whole oat porridge, or fruit and fibre cereal, something that will keep me going until 12 but isn't too heavy either.

Back
Top Bottom