Hello CB Members!

Gorgott

Local time
4:21 AM
I’m Swedish/Swiss and have been cooking since my teens. During a longer visit to the hospital a couple of years back I had a bit of a crisis and decided to do more of the things I love, so I started a cooking channel on YouTube, I know, who needs another cooking channel :wink: In the end I just want to share my passion for cooking and it’s a kind of therapy for myself as well.

Looking forward to get inspired here and to maybe share my knowledge/experience, happy to answer any questions about Swedish or Swiss food as well.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi, welcome from Ohio US! Do you have a favorite dish or cuisine?

Thanks a lot TastyReuben, I can’t say I have ONE favourite dish, I love seafood and if I could only eat one kind of food for the rest of my life, it would be that. I love all types of cuisine, I think the only thing that is important to me is that it’s made with love and good ingredients. It can be simple, or elaborate, Swedish or Japanese, as long as it’s made with love, I’m game (y)

Welcome to CB

Welcome from Kent in the UK :welcome:. I hope you enjoy being part of our cooking community. I'll also join you with the seafood!

I’m Swedish/Swiss and have been cooking since my teens. During a longer visit to the hospital a couple of years back I had a bit of a crisis and decided to do more of the things I love, so I started a cooking channel on YouTube, I know, who needs another cooking channel :wink: In the end I just want to share my passion for cooking and it’s a kind of therapy for myself as well.

Looking forward to get inspired here and to maybe share my knowledge/experience, happy to answer any questions about Swedish or Swiss food as well.

Cheers,
Chris
Welcome aboard. I think Grindelwald is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. I haven't forgotten the night some locals in Lucerne got me drunk on kirschwasser. I don't think I have had a drop of it since. :) I look forward to your posts.

I haven't forgotten the night some locals in Lucerne got me drunk on kirschwasser.
If you can remember it, you didn’t have enough! :wink:

Seriously, the first time I ever had a shot of kirsch, the young lady who brought it to us set and down and said it was complimentary with the meal, and to have the shot first, to sort of “prepare the stomach for eating - it tastes of cherries, it’s good.”

We drank it down, and neither of us got any cherry flavor from it…lighter fluid, yes; cherries, no! :laugh:

If you can remember it, you didn’t have enough! :wink:

Seriously, the first time I ever had a shot of kirsch, the young lady who brought it to us set and down and said it was complimentary with the meal, and to have the shot first, to sort of “prepare the stomach for eating - it tastes of cherries, it’s good.”

We drank it down, and neither of us got any cherry flavor from it…lighter fluid, yes; cherries, no! :laugh:
I was in a bar in Lucerne. A group of locals joined me to practice their English. They ordered me six shots of it and set them in front of me. They asked me to take deep breath and drink all six before breathing again. I was successful. They were successful at carrying me back to the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom