Hello from Middlesbrough!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eating Chicken, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Eating Chicken

Eating Chicken New Member

Hello,

I live in the UK and I am going to make some bone broth. Does anyone know where I can get the bones to do this?

The local farmers market said "no" and I can't find it listed at any supermarket. Ship from the internet?

2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Welcome to CookingBites @Eating Chicken.

I think you need to go to a butchers. They should be able to provide bones and at quite a bargain price. Are you looking for any particular type of bones?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn (Site Owner) Staff Member

Hello and welcome to CookingBites.

Presumably you are looking for bones with marrow in them? Otherwise I am curious as to why chicken and chicken bones are not an option? Though I accept that it could be you are after a beef broth rather than a chicken broth for instance,

SNSSO
    (Site Owner)

4. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

Welcome! I see you found your way here. I think you'll find more info here.

5. Eating Chicken

Eating Chicken New Member

I just contacted my local butchers and they said that they can order in marrow bones. I am not sure on the distinction, to be honest. Some bones have marrow, others don't? Simply put? So long as I get the fabled nutritional benefits of a bone broth then I am happy.

CraigC likes this.
  6. morning glory

Excellent. Let us know what happens.

7. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

The beef bones we buy are marrow bones. I'd post a Demi recipe, but it is very involved.

8. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Isn't there some legal problems in buying beef bones in the UK? Or is that now over?

9. morning glory

Long past.