Hello from Middlesbrough!

Eating Chicken

Local time
9:18 AM
Hello,

I live in the UK and I am going to make some bone broth. Does anyone know where I can get the bones to do this?

The local farmers market said "no" and I can't find it listed at any supermarket. Ship from the internet?

Welcome to CookingBites @Eating Chicken.

I think you need to go to a butchers. They should be able to provide bones and at quite a bargain price. Are you looking for any particular type of bones?

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to CookingBites.

Presumably you are looking for bones with marrow in them? Otherwise I am curious as to why chicken and chicken bones are not an option? Though I accept that it could be you are after a beef broth rather than a chicken broth for instance,

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

Welcome! I see you found your way here. I think you'll find more info here.

Hello and welcome to CookingBites.

Presumably you are looking for bones with marrow in them? Otherwise I am curious as to why chicken and chicken bones are not an option? Though I accept that it could be you are after a beef broth rather than a chicken broth for instance,

SNSSO
(Site Owner)

I just contacted my local butchers and they said that they can order in marrow bones. I am not sure on the distinction, to be honest. Some bones have marrow, others don't? Simply put? So long as I get the fabled nutritional benefits of a bone broth then I am happy.

I just contacted my local butchers and they said that they can order in marrow bones. I am not sure on the distinction, to be honest. Some bones have marrow, others don't? Simply put? So long as I get the fabled nutritional benefits of a bone broth then I am happy.

Excellent. Let us know what happens.

The beef bones we buy are marrow bones. I'd post a Demi recipe, but it is very involved.

Isn't there some legal problems in buying beef bones in the UK? Or is that now over?

Back
Top Bottom