Hello From Revati

Revati

Über Member
Local time
7:32 PM
I am 45 year old mother from India and my son joined a company in USA few years ago and recently got married with a Local girl. Now my son’s wife coming to stay for 2 months with us, so she can get familiar with our culture but I know, food here, is much different then her local foods. So I joined your group to learn more about English Recipes and cooking.

So this will become easy for her to stay here. Between, I am not good in English, so please skip my grammer or spelling mistakes.

Thanks

I am 45 year old mother from India and my son joined a company in USA few years ago and recently got married with a Local girl. Now my son’s wife coming to stay for 2 months with us, so she can get familiar with our culture but I know, food here, is much different then her local foods. So I joined your group to learn more about English Recipes and cooking.

So this will become easy for her to stay here. Between, I am not good in English, so please skip my grammer or spelling mistakes.

Thanks
Hey revati! welcome! Such a good thing you're doing this for your daughter in law :rolleyes:

Hello and welcome.
I must ask what part of the USA is your daughter-in-law from.
We have many different local foods.
Your English looks good to me.

Thanks Robberdierob, hope she like that too.

Thanks Cinisajoy, yes you are right, i should think on this way, Even India is small but have much difference in foods. My son and daughter in law live in Nashville but she brought up in Florida.

Thanks morning glory, I love to share them, if you have particular food in your mind, please let me know.

I am happy to see your response.

Both very pretty areas. I don't think you have anything to worry about with the differences in cooking styles. So just teach her your recipes, then if possible go visit her and learn her recipes.
I am sure you will be fine.
Though if you have any questions just ask. I am the resident southerner here.
The only thing she might miss would be a steak.
I know cattle are sacred in India.

Thanks morning glory, I love to share them, if you have particular food in your mind, please let me know.

I'm particularly interested in spicy vegetable recipes. Are you vegetarian? I know that may people in India are.

If you want to post a recipe go the the relevant section of the Forum: Vegetables, Salads and Mushrooms, for example, and start a new thread. :okay:

Hi Revati

Welcome to CookingBites
:welcome:

I, too, love Indian food and love the variety of dishes. I have to make most of my own food from scratch because I'm allergic to dairy products so have many vegan Indian cookery books.
I would love to see some recipes that I can adapt if you were to post some up. It would be fantastic.

thanks & welcome again.
SNSSO

Hi - I used to work with very nice Indian guy and we all used to be invited round to his house on a regular basis - his wife used to provide some wonderful food :hungry:
One thing you need to be aware of however is American foods, terms and even measurements are often very different from English and it can become quite confusing if you don't take care. Biscuits can mean very different things depending on which side of the Atlantic you live for example.
Anyhow :welcome:

Welcome...please do post your recipes or ideas for spice blends. I work with many people from India, but I rarely have time to talk about recipes with them (so, what am I doing posting here during my work day? Um....) :)

Back
Top Bottom