Help us choose Dish of the Month for April!

Please cast a vote for the dish you would prefer as Dish of the Month: April

• Pizza

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Macaroni Cheese

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...the only issue I have with macaroni cheese is that I can't see wanting to make it more than once in April (maybe twice). Pizza and potato salad offer more variety perhaps so I can see me making those options 3 or 4 times.

I agree. Guess that's kinda the reason I chose them, as they're more "specific" and thought that was the idea. Sorry. Haven't gotten the hang of specific/generic yet.

Last edited:
Warm potato salad is possible and rather good - but I'm easy with any of the options.

I'm curious - why dehydrate it? Can't it be put in a container and reheated?
Yes to a point. Fine in winter but summer or even a sunny winters day inside the 4x4 all day, it still gets very hot despite the extra carpet over things like the dashboard (held on by velcro) which is custom fit. Anything that can get hot has a cover. Anyhow despite being vegan, it can still go off/bad and if we're out for a week like we were just recently, even the eskie won't stay cold that long. Max we get from it is 2 days, so it is time to experiment and make our own. Neither of us liked the vegan one we bought and I know I can make one much cheaper ,so it seemed natural to try to do so when the temperature is cool enough to have the dehydrator on in the house rather than baling it to the garage which can be a touch dusty and only technically has the one power outlet that is already running 2 things 24/7 as it is.

Back
Top Bottom