Here we go again

Nothing quite as nasty. Lightening struck nearby in the middle of the night two nights ago. The boom woke me up, the lights had tripped and the wifi router was fried. They just fitted a new one. No TV or Internet for 36 hrs.

Brother fixed the roof on the building and is cutting fallen trees. He plans to keep some of the wood for his cooking and smoking. Mom is stressed. When she gets stressed her dementia kicks in and she gets confused and has trouble with her memory. Middle Sister has a major issue on her hands. The back of her house will have to be rebuilt, her roof replaced, floors, windows, mind blowing, huge damage. Baby Sister and BIL are wearing themselves out at their horse farm. Half of the barn roof was ripped off. They are pressed to repair the damage because they have some very valuable horses. Three years ago they sold a yearling for $200K. A record breaker for a Louisiana Bred Quarter Horse. The following year they sold a Colt for $600K. They are the top breeders of Louisiana Quarter Horses.
Here I am with no storm damage. Friday I had an issue with a toilet overflow. Water in two bathrooms, three bedrooms, the hall and part of a living area. There are 14 blowers in the house and a huge dehumidifier. The noise is unbelievable. The equipment will be in place for at least 5 days. The bedroom flooring is wood and will have to be replaced. IDK about the tile floors. I had to sleep on the couch in the den and will have to do so as long as these blowers are in the house. George is in Arkansas hunting. I am glad he is not here. I handle this type of issues much better than he does. I am calm when he would freak out. My biggest problem is the noise from the blowers. I have a huge headache. I need to cook something.

ElizabethB, I'm happy to read that things are moving forward with repairs and restoration within your family. I was part of a group that helped in LA after Hurricane Katrina so I know how exhausting things can get when trying to rebuild. It sounds like everyone is heading in the right direction. I'm glad you all have one another.

Sorry about your toilet overflow. It's amazing how much damage a little water can cause. You sound like quite the trooper in the face of adversity. Hopefully, the blowers and dehumidifier will get things back to normal soon and you can get some real rest.

Sending you positive energy!

Brother fixed the roof on the building and is cutting fallen trees. He plans to keep some of the wood for his cooking and smoking. Mom is stressed. When she gets stressed her dementia kicks in and she gets confused and has trouble with her memory. Middle Sister has a major issue on her hands. The back of her house will have to be rebuilt, her roof replaced, floors, windows, mind blowing, huge damage. Baby Sister and BIL are wearing themselves out at their horse farm. Half of the barn roof was ripped off. They are pressed to repair the damage because they have some very valuable horses. Three years ago they sold a yearling for $200K. A record breaker for a Louisiana Bred Quarter Horse. The following year they sold a Colt for $600K. They are the top breeders of Louisiana Quarter Horses.
Here I am with no storm damage. Friday I had an issue with a toilet overflow. Water in two bathrooms, three bedrooms, the hall and part of a living area. There are 14 blowers in the house and a huge dehumidifier. The noise is unbelievable. The equipment will be in place for at least 5 days. The bedroom flooring is wood and will have to be replaced. IDK about the tile floors. I had to sleep on the couch in the den and will have to do so as long as these blowers are in the house. George is in Arkansas hunting. I am glad he is not here. I handle this type of issues much better than he does. I am calm when he would freak out. My biggest problem is the noise from the blowers. I have a huge headache. I need to cook something.

Sorry for your family. I wouldn't handle it as good as you I think?? Thoughts are with you.

Russ

A Rep. from the water mitigation company comes by everyday to check the equipment and monitor the moisture content in the floors and base boards. So far so good. The moisture content is reducing daily. Tomorrow he will spray the floors with an antimicrobial. There is no visible damage to the floors. Amazing. I was expecting buckling of the boards. I am hoping that all of the moisture can be removed. I am not excited about having to change floors in three bedrooms. I may have to change baseboards and shoe moldings in one bathroom and the hall. We will see.
I am grateful that all I have to deal with is a little water. My dear sister has huge damage to her home. Half of the back of her house will have to be rebuilt. It is so sad. Her home is beautiful. It is furnished and decorated to perfection. She is a trouper and puts on a brave face but I know her heart is broken.

A Rep. from the water mitigation company comes by everyday to check the equipment and monitor the moisture content in the floors and base boards. So far so good. The moisture content is reducing daily. Tomorrow he will spray the floors with an antimicrobial. There is no visible damage to the floors. Amazing. I was expecting buckling of the boards. I am hoping that all of the moisture can be removed. I am not excited about having to change floors in three bedrooms. I may have to change baseboards and shoe moldings in one bathroom and the hall. We will see.
I am grateful that all I have to deal with is a little water. My dear sister has huge damage to her home. Half of the back of her house will have to be rebuilt. It is so sad. Her home is beautiful. It is furnished and decorated to perfection. She is a trouper and puts on a brave face but I know her heart is broken.

I can't imagine the pain you are suffering.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom