Homemade Alpha-Bits Cereal

How can a DIY-er home cook make Alpha-Bits using Homemade Cheerios Can I do it in various flavors?

The DIY recipe you link to uses a tiny 'o' shaped cookie cutter to make the shapes. You'd need some mini alphabet cookie cutters to make other letters. As it happens, I have some but they are large ones for whole 'cookies'. I think you can probably buy small ones that would be sold for making icing (fondant) shapes for decorating cakes.

But if you want to DIY the shapes by making you own cookie cutters that's another story and I really don't know how. Those alphabet shapes are much too small to cut from the dough 'free hand' so you will need some sort of cutter.

I want to put in the hard work because I'm a natural hard worker.

As I mentioned above, you need to buy some little alphabet cutters then. They aren't expensive. This sort of thing (sorry this is Amazon UK, but you will find similar):

Takes a couple of minutes to mix, then cut or stamp out shapes, so not really hard work. Obviously you like cereal so more power to you, have fun with it.
The huge problem is the oven temperature for the Alpha-Bits and Number-shaped cereal in various flavors.

Back
Top Bottom