How adventurous are you with food and cooking?

Pete

Über Member
Local time
4:41 AM
How adventurous are you with food and cooking?
And do you cook new things or rely on old favourites, especially if catering for less adventurous eaters?

I'll try most things when we go out for a meal, and if I'm just cooking for me, I'll try new ideas, but have to stick to a few acceptable recipes for others in the family.
The only thing I'm not really keen on is my food looking at me! No eyeballs on the plate, please..
Maybe it's me feeling guilty about eating them.

I get adventurous at times but I don't have any picky eaters.
Makes cooking more fun.

I hate books and magazines that stare at you, not just food eyeballs.

How do they do that!! :eek:
If a person is looking straight into the camera, it seems like they are looking at you.
I tend to cover all books and magazines that have people or eyes on the cover.

When cooking, I usually do what I already know but incorporate some recipes I discover into my repertoire based on how well they'll be liked by all of my family and other factors such as the amount of work involved. When going out to eat, I prefer to have variety and often try items I haven't had before.

My cooking is more of a freeform jazz nature with a hint of Dutch total football. As long as it's vegetarian, I'll give anything a try. Sometimes I end up making something different to what I started off with.

I am a very adventurous eater, and somewhat adventurous when it comes to cooking.

I'll try eating just about anything once, although I'm not a fan of whole bugs, whether they are grilled, or stir fried or whatever. Don't even think I would ever touch that Sardinian cheese with maggots in it, casu marzu Same goes for partially developed eggs, slimy things like sea squirts, or rotted things like Icelandic shark.

As far as cooking goes, I'd like to try a lot more than I do, but time constraints, as well as the cost of possibly wasting odd ingredients makes me a little more conservative.

I prefer to stick to what I term traditional foods - i.e. nothing yucky sounding or downright weird = but that doesn't mean to say that I still can't be adventurous at times, although this usually means adapting to what foods I have at hand and using non-conventional ingredients in whatever recipe I've chosen. These days that can just mean substituting something else for seafood, or bananas, or whatever else I'm allergic to.

I am a very adventurous eater, and somewhat adventurous when it comes to cooking.

I'll try eating just about anything once, although I'm not a fan of whole bugs, whether they are grilled, or stir fried or whatever. Don't even think I would ever touch that Sardinian cheese with maggots in it, casu marzu Same goes for partially developed eggs, slimy things like sea squirts, or rotted things like Icelandic shark.

As far as cooking goes, I'd like to try a lot more than I do, but time constraints, as well as the cost of possibly wasting odd ingredients makes me a little more conservative.

I agree re the half-formed embryos. I don't think I fancy bugs either which is silly really because prawns, for example, are like bugs - but we a 'normalised' to accept them. I would try the Icelandic shark and even the maggot cheese (long as I didn't need to eat a maggot). I don't know what a sea squirt is...

Back
Top Bottom