How do I cook Bill Bailey’s® brand Carne Asada?

foodterminology

Veteran
Local time
1:06 PM
We have a large package of Bill Bailey’s® brand Carne Asada that we cannot barbecue outside on the grill. Unfortunately, we can only cook it on a stovetop and we do have a griddle. How can we prepare it safely? Here is the description from the company's website:
"If it's fiesta time then Carne Asada just has to be on the grill! Bill Bailey's Carne Asada is hand-cut flap steak, perfectly marinated for an authentic taste experience that the whole family will love. Serve Bill Bailey's Carne Asada as a main course steak or use it to make sizzling fajitas or champion tacos and sandwiches...." Thanks so much for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would fry on highest heat for a few minutes a side or cut it into slices and fry those..you want the heat high so you will get a good sear going..if not, it will render it's juices and you will end up boiling it...it's going to get smokey in your kitchen, so turn on the fans and open the widows because that's the way she goes....

Although I'm not familiar with this brand, having looked it up it seems its supposed to be seared to achieve a charred effect. I can only suggest you fry on a high heat it on the stove top - but use very little oil, if any - for 8 minutes as suggested for grilling.

I would fry on highest heat for a few minutes a side or cut it into slices and fry those..you want the heat high so you will get a good sear going..if not, it will render it's juices and you will end up boiling it...it's going to get smokey in your kitchen, so turn on the fans and open the widows because that's the way she goes....

Our posts appeared at the same time - we are in agreement!

I like to pan fry steak at home...I'll put one of the cast iron pans in the oven at 500 F for about 20 minutes, then take it out and put it on high heat. Rub a bit of canola on the steaks and drop them in the pan. There is a ton of smoke and we have to open windows and run the exhaust fan on high, but it is worth it...

Quick look. Ignore the package instructions. Bill Bailey's is just a line of pre-marinated beef. Cook it like you would any other piece of beef.

From images I saw I think it is very finely sliced - so it won't take much time to cook.
Just for your information, Bailey's Barbecue is a chain of Barbecue places in Texas. I thought I recognized the name. Hence why they recommend grilling all their meats.

Although I'm not familiar with this brand, having looked it up it seems its supposed to be seared to achieve a charred effect. I can only suggest you fry on a high heat it on the stove top - but use very little oil, if any - for 8 minutes as suggested for grilling.
Thank you. It was easy and tasty. I prefer it barbecued of course.

Back
Top Bottom