How do you do your weekly food shopping online?

Oh, and paprika chips rule. The rest of the world is missing out!
I've had some from somewhere over there; they're similar, though not exactly the same, as our standard BBQ chips.

The next time I go to the international market, I'm going to the Dutch section (small that it is) and see what they have, then ask you what I should buy. :)

Puntarelle is an Italian speciality. They even have special cutting devices to shred it. Its a type of chicory so rather bitter. And it came fresh as a daisy. Here is the photo I took when it arrived.
Yep - I´ve identified it now - over in Venezuela it´s called "Cicória" (Chicory). Slightly bitter, crunchy, lovely, great in a mixed salad and especially with oil, wine vinegar and a touch of garlic.

I've had some from somewhere over there; they're similar, though not exactly the same, as our standard BBQ chips.

The next time I go to the international market, I'm going to the Dutch section (small that it is) and see what they have, then ask you what I should buy. :)
Very curious to see that!

Yep - I´ve identified it now - over in Venezuela it´s called "Cicória" (Chicory). Slightly bitter, crunchy, lovely, great in a mixed salad and especially with oil, wine vinegar and a touch of garlic.
Have you ever had chickory coffee? Or a blend of ground coffee and chickory?

Its a specific type of chicory and the stems are the star in the classic puntarelle alla Romana salad. This is one I made:

The stems are shredded using this specific device (yes I have it! ). Wish I could find an alternative use for it.

1656500822538.png

Yep, I have.
It tastes like a cross between diesel oil and burnt tyres.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I like it, having never tasted diesel oil or burnt tires before, I can't draw a comparison. I used to drink it whenever I visited New Orleans, goes great with a beignet.

Back
Top Bottom