How Do You Get Your Oyster On?

CraigC

Guru
Local time
7:09 PM
I love oysters in many different ways and I like many different varieties. Above all, I like them raw, on the half shell with either hot sauce and lime or a good simple cocktail sauce. A Canadian buddy and I ate ourselves stupid at Acme Oyster House in NOLA when at a trade show. Of course, that was after several Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's.
Give us your favorites!

Above all, I like them raw, on the half shell

That would be it. And I like them so much raw I've never even tried them cooked! These were the last ones I ate - last week.

fullsizeoutput_2f28.jpeg

I'll eat them raw, but I prefer them grilled with a very light garlic, herb butter like we first had at The Original French Market restaurant in NOLA.

We have large oysters from bluff at the bottom of the South Island. About $30 a dozen raw. I prefer them in malt vinegar and lots of white pepper. Next I like them either battered and fried, or in the shell with a dash of Worcester sauce bacon and cheese. Grilled under the grill. I think it's called Kilpatrick?

Russ

I LOVE raw oysters. Blue Point, Malpeque, Wellfleet, Quonset, and Belon are the ones we usually see around here.

My favourite way to eat them is with a nice herb or citrus mignonette, or just a dab of spicy cocktail sauce.

Back
Top Bottom