How messy are you in the kitchen?

How messy are you in the kitchen?

• I always clean up as I go along

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I try to clean things as I go but it doesn’t always happen

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • It often looks like a bomb exploded in my kitchen!

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
I clean up as I go but that is probably because I have a small kitchen and I wouldn't have space to work if I didn't. I find the dishwasher invaluable in this respect as I just pop things in as I go along. When I stay with my friend in Essex, I do all the cooking and he doesn't have a dishwasher. His kitchen is quite small too. I find it really irritating not being able to put things out of sight. I end up filling the sink with water and piling things in there as I go. Then I'm faced with the tedious process of washing it all by hand before I can cook the next thing - I often cook for several hours at a stretch, making several things, you see.

It depends on what I'm making, but if there's time, I like to clean each pot, bowl, or utensil as I go. Same goes for the countertop.

I usually try to cook with mise en place when possible or necessary, so there's usually a lot of ramekins and containers drying in the rack when dinner is served.

The stovetop and oven are another matter, of course. I get dirty looks from my wife when she sees that disaster. It's better than having paper towels catch on fire, though...:facepalm:

I clean as I go, especially if I'm cooking a large meal. That way, there isn't as much of a mess after meals.
Also, I clean the kitchen thoroughly after each meal!

I don't like a dirty kitchen or ANY room in the house dirty! I'm learning from my mistakes from the last apartment that I had before THIS one. :wink:

I clean as I go, especially if I'm cooking a large meal. That way, there isn't as much of a mess after meals.
Also, I clean the kitchen thoroughly after each meal!

I don't like a dirty kitchen or ANY room in the house dirty! I'm learning from my mistakes from the last apartment that I had before THIS one. :wink:
Your a model for us all @Shermie ! :):okay:

Your a model for us all @Shermie ! :):okay:

Nasty Stove!.jpg

I once was invited over to someone's house whose stove looked like THIS!!! My reply was; "I forgot something outside." Got in the car & jetted!! Hah!! :eek:

I do try to clear up as I go but sometimes I find concentrating on cooking takes over and I end up with bits and pieces everywhere. I like to keep our kitchen clean though and I think I'm a bit OCD about surfaces being wiped clean.

Some of the nastiest, messiest & filthiest kitchens were the ones that I've seen on the reality show Bar Rescue.
I mean, they were horrendous!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom