How messy are you in the kitchen?

How messy are you in the kitchen?

• I always clean up as I go along

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I try to clean things as I go but it doesn’t always happen

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • It often looks like a bomb exploded in my kitchen!

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
It's harder to clean up as I go, if there's always something going on that needs attention.
If there's going to be a lull while something is in the oven or simmering on the stove, I'll use that time to clear up. I'll also lay the table then. Otherwise I'll lay the table before I start.

When baking, I like to put away the ingredients as I've finished with them to minimise clutter and put implements by the sink, then wash up and wipe down the surfaces while the the goods are in the oven.
My Home Ecconomics teacher taught us to assemble all ingredients on a white tray with a hot soapy cloth in the corner to wipe up spills as you go. I still do that but I don't always use the white tray ( I bought one from Ikea).

I do try to clear up as I go but I find that particularly with baking things can get a bit of a mess. I like @Kake Lover 's tip about the tray and the soapy cloth.

My kitchen always looks like a bombs hit it when I'm cooking and then eating, but it does get cleaned up afterwards. My Mum always used to say it doesn't matter if a place is untidy for a while, so long as it is not dirty. I have walked out of restaurants before now because their kitchens are just not clean (I like to sit near the kitchen doors, so you can see every time they come in and out). Where I used to live, one of my favourite takeaways had an open food prep and cooking area, so you could see them cook your meal. I used to like the Greek way too, where you could go into the kitchen and choose what you wanted. When I was there, a lot of the cafes and restaurants in the small towns and villages had earth floors and they were always kept clean and tidy.

My kitchen always looks like a bombs hit it when I'm cooking and then eating, but it does get cleaned up afterwards. My Mum always used to say it doesn't matter if a place is untidy for a while, so long as it is not dirty. I have walked out of restaurants before now because their kitchens are just not clean (I like to sit near the kitchen doors, so you can see every time they come in and out). Where I used to live, one of my favourite takeaways had an open food prep and cooking area, so you could see them cook your meal. I used to like the Greek way too, where you could go into the kitchen and choose what you wanted. When I was there, a lot of the cafes and restaurants in the small towns and villages had earth floors and they were always kept clean and tidy.

The rest of the house is clean and tidy, my work desk is organised I am just a bit jumbled when in the kitchen.

The rest of the house is clean and tidy, my work desk is organised I am just a bit jumbled when in the kitchen.
I have massive tidying up sessions every now and then, but with 3 cats and a greyhound doing zoomies round the lower half of the house (in true grey tradition, he can't do stairs :D) it can be a bit difficult. I have an electric carpet sweeper, a rubber broom, and a stiff broom which are much easier for me than lugging either of the vacuum cleaners around (one for upstairs, one for downstairs)

Back
Top Bottom