How often do you eat something sweet?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:54 AM
I've not got a sweet tooth but I do eat sweets (candies) in the car when I'm driving - (@buckytom, didn't you say you did that?). In the car I eat gums and hard-boiled sweets. One of my favourite sweets is all American Jolly Ranchers.

If I'm eating out I generally won't eat a dessert and I don't eat sweet breakfast cereals and rarely eat cakes.

What about you - do you eat something sweet every day or is it occasional?

Yes, I always have something sweet and something salty on long road trips. Munching on one or the other helps pass the hpurs when everyone else in the car is asleep while you so desparately want to join them but are behind the wheel.

And I've realized in recent years that just a little dolce after almost any meal makes it complete, dotting the Is and crossing the Ts as it were.

I like a square or two of dark chocolate in the evening after dinner. Occasionally I'll have (dairy free) icecream or cake or steamed pudding. Even more occasionally I'll have sour sweets.
I prefer a second helping of savoury to pudding

When I regularly gave up smoking in the UK the substitute was midget gems (the hard ones).

Now, other than a teaspoon of sugar in my one mug of coffee of the day, it's rare that I eat sweet items. Probably one "Magnum" ice cream/month and maybe a bar of Cadbury's fruit and nut every two months. However, I did coat my bacon wrapped pork loin with honey two days ago prior and during roasting (I shall be eating the leftovers today).

Even before the diet, I rarely ate sweets. But, when there's a holiday known for sweets (Halloween, etc), I will pop an occasional mini-Snickers bar or mini-Butterfinger bar.

My wife gave me a Butterfinger "flower" arrangement for my birthday in October. Six months later, and I still haven't finished it (this isn't the exact arrangement, but it's similar, minus the jolly ranchers):

95f961ed067573cc56939ae872fe8f8f--candy-flowers-jolly-rancher.jpg

Back
Top Bottom