How to convert a 3 burner gas BBQ into a pizza oven,

Peregrino

Local time
2:24 AM
I am attaching three images of the conversion of the 3 burner gas BBQ into a pizza oven, the comments on each image should explain the setup, but if you require any further details please feel free to comment.

STEP 27.jpg

STEP 28.jpg

STEP 45.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Elizabeth
I let the grill heat up to about 230c, then turn off the centre burner and at that point place the pizza on the stone, if you look at my thread under PIZZA DOUGH you should find more information about the method of use there, hope this helps.

Hi Master Cutler
No oil at all, the marks seen on the tile are from oil that was on the pizza base after sliding from the tray on to the tile, and the tile you see in the picture is almost 3 years old so it has seen some pizza's in that time, in fact tomorrow for lunch it will be pizza's. If you have not read my thread on pizza dough, it may be that you take a look at that for a better explanation of the process. Love the name by the way, I used to see an express train passing through Leicester Central as a young boy with that name!! Best regards.

Hi Master Cutler
No oil at all, the marks seen on the tile are from oil that was on the pizza base after sliding from the tray on to the tile, and the tile you see in the picture is almost 3 years old so it has seen some pizza's in that time, in fact tomorrow for lunch it will be pizza's. If you have not read my thread on pizza dough, it may be that you take a look at that for a better explanation of the process. Love the name by the way, I used to see an express train passing through Leicester Central as a young boy with that name!! Best regards.

Thanks Peregrino, I will look up your pizza thread. You are correct regarding my internet name, named after that very train and as a railway fan I also use the name elsewhere on the internet on railway related sites. I chose it after working in the steel industry in Sheffield for many years.

Back
Top Bottom