How to convert a 3 burner gas BBQ into a pizza oven,

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cooking and BBQs' started by Peregrino, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Peregrino

Peregrino Member

I am attaching three images of the conversion of the 3 burner gas BBQ into a pizza oven, the comments on each image should explain the setup, but if you require any further details please feel free to comment.

STEP 27.jpg

STEP 28.jpg

STEP 45.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
    Foodiesforacause and ElizabethB like this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

@Peregrino, I moved your post to make a new thread and changed photos to full size as they were showing as thumbnails. When you upload a photo, click on 'Full Image'.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 19.27.23.png

ElizabethB likes this.
  3. Peregrino

Peregrino Member

Thanks for the explanation regarding the thumbnail conversion, I am slowly learning, also thanks for creating the new thread.

ElizabethB and morning glory like this.
  4. ElizabethB

ElizabethB Über Member

@Peregrino
    How inventive! What temperature do you use on your grill?

5. Peregrino

Peregrino Member

Hi Elizabeth
    I let the grill heat up to about 230c, then turn off the centre burner and at that point place the pizza on the stone, if you look at my thread under PIZZA DOUGH you should find more information about the method of use there, hope this helps.

ElizabethB likes this.
  6. Master Cutler

Master Cutler Active Member

Hi Peregrino, do you need to put any oil onto the tile before placing the pizza onto it?

ElizabethB likes this.
  7. Peregrino

Peregrino Member

Hi Master Cutler
    No oil at all, the marks seen on the tile are from oil that was on the pizza base after sliding from the tray on to the tile, and the tile you see in the picture is almost 3 years old so it has seen some pizza's in that time, in fact tomorrow for lunch it will be pizza's. If you have not read my thread on pizza dough, it may be that you take a look at that for a better explanation of the process. Love the name by the way, I used to see an express train passing through Leicester Central as a young boy with that name!! Best regards.

8. Master Cutler

Master Cutler Active Member

Thanks Peregrino, I will look up your pizza thread. You are correct regarding my internet name, named after that very train and as a railway fan I also use the name elsewhere on the internet on railway related sites. I chose it after working in the steel industry in Sheffield for many years.

ElizabethB and morning glory like this.