TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
8:42 AM
I’ve got a couple of Hungarian sausages in my fridge I’d like to use up:

IMG_8325.jpeg
IMG_8324.jpeg

Internet searches for typical recipes include a Hungarian stew I’ve already made (and posted up here) and a skillet full of potatoes and sausage. That’s about it.

Anybody have any particular ways they like to cook with these sausages?

Sautéed sausage pieces, cabbage, onions, kluski noodles, chicken broth and sour cream.

I don’t follow a specific recipe, really just do it “by eye”.

Sautéed sausage pieces, cabbage, onions, kluski noodles, chicken broth and sour cream.

I don’t follow a specific recipe, really just do it “by eye”.
Thanks - I used that to find a similar recipe online to try. :okay:

I also have just added thyme, sage, and black pepper to make sausage gravy for biscuits (casings removed of course).

Duh on me…I even have that bookmarked! :laugh:
It's a good one but you can totally improvise. I've been making it for years and I rarely measure anything and sometimes mix other cheeses in with it.

It's a good one but you can totally improvise. I've been making it for years and I rarely measure anything and sometimes mix other cheeses in with it.
What do you usually serve as a side (if any)?

I’ve got a couple of Hungarian sausages in my fridge I’d like to use up:

View attachment 113626View attachment 113627

Internet searches for typical recipes include a Hungarian stew I’ve already made (and posted up here) and a skillet full of potatoes and sausage. That’s about it.

Anybody have any particular ways they like to cook with these sausages?
I like taking sausages like this and incorporating them into fried rice which usually gives it a nice little flavor kick. These also make a good old fashioned hot dog:)

A good Goulash is also an option, incorporating these into a good biscuit gravy, adding them into some breakfast hash.
If I think of anything else I’ll add it here but these are some that come to mind first.

Back
Top Bottom