I Need a new stand mixer!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks' started by Shermie, May 17, 2018.

1. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

.. Cuisinart SM=5OBCStand Mixer..jpg

I need a new stand mixer!

Thinking about getting the one pictured above. It is almost in the style of the KA mixer,
    the reason being that it has planetary mixing action. Most mixers do!

This kind of action covers the whole inside of the bowl, giving you total coverage with complete mixing

KA is no good! Was going to get another KA machine, but the reviews on it were coming from lots of dissatisfied users. While KA only warrants their mixers for just one lousy year, Cuisinart warrants this one for THREE years. Two years more!! It has a lot of nice features. Built to last!

Also, THIS machine features a 500-watt motor, whereas the KA Artisan has only 325 watts.

KA products have gone down hill & down the wayside!! The larger machines, their trannies are enclosed in plastic cases & have cheap gears that often break down. :wink:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. CraigC

CraigC Senior Member

I'd name it Gort. From the top, front it reminds me of the head of the robot Gort from the original movie "The Day The Earth Stood Still".:okay:

3. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

Hah!!

Never thought of that before!! I should nick-name it that!! :wink:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  4. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, the front part where the cover is that hides the accessory drive looks just like him. Hah!! They encased him inside a tough plastic that was supposedly harder than steel!! He got out anyway, went to the hospital to rescue Klato (Michael Rennie).

I think that it's a fresh newer look than the KA mixers though.

They are just junk now, & not too many consumers like them any more.:wink::laugh:
    !

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

boschuniversalplus.jpg

I also thought about getting THIS one!! :wink:

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  6. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

That's a stand mixer??

By the way, if you can afford the one on top, and you can get the use out of it to justify the cost. then go for it. But, I've been using this one for years, and I'm happy with it for what I do:

[​IMG]

Hamilton Beach, 6 speeds, detachable mixer, and only $40 at Target (marked down from $50).

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
    Shermie likes this.
  7. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

The image is not available...

8. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

globe-sp5-gear-driven-5-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-800-watt-motor-115v.jpg globe-sp8-gear-driven-8-qt-commercial-stand-mixer-1-4-hp-motor-115v.jpg

I really wanted one of THESE mixers, but they are too astronomically expensive!! They are really powerful heavy duty commercial mixers designed for the food service industry
    Most styles are kind of like the KA. But KA is no good any more :wink:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018 at 9:29 PM
  9. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

I will be bringing Gort home in a few weeks! I know where to get him at a reasonable price. :wink:

10. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

11. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

I've never had a stand mixer as I don't think that I'd have much use for one. I have a hand held mixer and hardly ever use that.

12. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

I HAVE to have one. Otherwise I would not be able to bake. Too much work & strain on my arms! :headshake:

13. Shermie

Shermie Senior Member

Hobart HL- 6 stand mixer..jpg

Here's a pic of it up close. Seems it is only available at EBay, when you can get it! :wink:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018 at 3:25 AM