I want a stovetop Smoker Like THIS one!

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks' started by Shermie, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Here's the demo vid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_7QiuNmYQ

3. oddduck

oddduck Active Member

My BIL nexr door has a regular smoker in the garage...i think it is used mostly for deer and mullet...as a vegetarian i don't have much use for one. But i can always tell what he has been up to by what the yard smells like...i just realized all his hobbies usually involve killing things...i'm now a little worried.

4. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member Recipe Challenge Judge

I've got a smoking gun - which of course is not going to be much use for smoking sides of venison but its great for smoking all sorts of things with no smoke alarms going off! It takes up next to no space and is super fast to use - thoroughly recommended.I've smoked lots of vegetarian ingredients such as home-made goats cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, potatoes - you can smoke pretty well all vegetables although some are better candidates than others.

Here are some shots of the home-made Goat's cheese I smoked:

fullsizeoutput_311a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3119.jpeg

The result on a lacy pancake with fermented chutney.

fullsizeoutput_313f.jpeg

5. oddduck

oddduck Active Member

I know no goats so not likely needing to smoke their cheese anytime soon...lol

I just don't see me smoking anything...

6. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member Recipe Challenge Judge

Its up to you of course. I completely understand

I just quite like smoking veg to vary the tastes and I like experimenting with food. That's just me I don't know any goat's either - but all the major supermarkets here sell goat's milk!

7. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

Heard sometime back that smoked meats supposedly causes cancer, but I don't think that was ever really proven to be true because folks are still doing it!!:wink: