If you were ever on MasterChef, what would the judges say about you?

This is so difficult to answer. I think I'd be OK on presentation - I've practised this a lot for food photography. But I think they would say I'm far too slow.

They are currently recruiting/auditioning for the next MasterChef here and I thought (only a tiny bit) about applying. Then I realised that as soon as they send you into a professional restaurant I'd be sunk. You have to be super fast and accurate. I'm also very weak when it comes to cooking meat. I've just not had enough practice and I think they would realise that.

On the plus side I think they might see that I can think out of the box and be inventive. And I think I'd do well making vegan/vegetarian dishes.

Last edited:
Me too. Even when I try to plate nicely, it still looks very amateurish.

Plating up can be learned - a good palate can't. I've seen contestants in the UK series who started off with ragged home-cooking style plates and ended up with beautifully presented plates. It really is something that you can learn.

I also fall at presentation. I don't like to rush and cannot make up a meal just from random things so certainly won't be going on the show.

I'd be completely stumped. I like cooking in the privacy of my own kitchen - I go to pieces if I have an audience. I'd be a blubbering wreck in a commercial kitchen.

I did say in another thread that I never watch it. I made a point of catching up with and watching this series though, and I noticed that one was slammed by the other contestants for being untidy! There was one lady on there that I could sympathise with. Sorry, I can't remember her name, but she too was used to cooking for her family and, although a lot of her meals were good, she too fell down on presentation.

The programme does give you a lot of good ideas, though (or, should that be, food for thought :laugh:).

Back
Top Bottom