I'm Watching What I Eat (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest report - MrsT is down to her lowest weight yet, 177.2 pounds - closing in on her goal of 175.

For the first time in years, she weighs less than me. I weighed in yesterday morning (after a day on a liquid diet) and was 180.0 pounds.

Latest report - MrsT is down to her lowest weight yet, 177.2 pounds - closing in on her goal of 175.

For the first time in years, she weighs less than me. I weighed in yesterday morning (after a day on a liquid diet) and was 180.0 pounds.

That's great. She really must need to go clothes shopping!

That's great. She really must need to go clothes shopping!
She’s been buying clothes, and finding things in her closet from years ago (that I’d told her to throw out!).

She’s actually bought some clothes midway through her “journey” (everything’s a journey now :laugh: ) that are now too big for her.

Signed myself up for in-patient treatment for my eating disorder. Too much stress and I want to tackle this issue once and for all. I'm doing OK but I've been plateauing for ages and recently my head has begun spinning with ED thoughts again so it's time to use the hammer. Might take a few months until it starts, but this problem won't go away by itself anyway.

Signed myself up for in-patient treatment for my eating disorder. Too much stress and I want to tackle this issue once and for all. I'm doing OK but I've been plateauing for ages and recently my head has begun spinning with ED thoughts again so it's time to use the hammer. Might take a few months until it starts, but this problem won't go away by itself anyway.
Good to hear you’re taking the steps to get the care you need.

Very impressive, as it can be hard for a person to see when they need some professional assistance for themselves. Please keep us posted as to how you’re doing. :hug:

That's a brave thing to do. I hope it goes well for you. I really do. You have done really well so far. Plateauing is not uncommon because (I suppose obviously) the less we weigh the fewer cals we need.

My daughter was very overweight and has managed to get to a reasonable weight over the last 6 months using intermittent fasting. But she has now reached a plateau. She has been the same weight for 6 weeks or more. She looks great compared to before and I don't think she needs to worry too much. But its frustrating for her as she is trying hard.

I'm hoping that when my sister retires in a few months, and get's back on WW, she'll be able to lose weight -- she needs to lose 50 pounds, at least, for her long term health.

I've nudged her a few times about seeking counseling. She is an emotional eater. She's admitted to me (in a rare moment of honesty) that she often eats when she isn't even hungry. She also has a weakness for sweets, which is more than just a sweet tooth. It is definitely mood altering for her.

Glad to see Windigo get medical help. I hope it does the trick. :okay:

CD

I'm hoping that when my sister retires in a few months, and get's back on WW, she'll be able to lose weight -- she needs to lose 50 pounds, at least, for her long term health.

I've nudged her a few times about seeking counseling. She is an emotional eater. She's admitted to me (in a rare moment of honesty) that she often eats when she isn't even hungry. She also has a weakness for sweets, which is more than just a sweet tooth. It is definitely mood altering for her.

Glad to see Windigo get medical help. I hope it does the trick. :okay:

CD
I'm much like your sister indeed, the difference being that I am aware of my issue for a long time. Emotional eating / eating disorders are very hard to treat. I have exhausted all regular treatment options, so now I really want to get it dealt with once and for all through a more intense route.

I think your sister is very well aware of her weight problem, but feels out of control and is in denial. I know because I have been through all that. Try to be gentle, that might help her more than scolding because if she's anything like me she scolds herself all day and that only makes things worse.

Good to hear you’re taking the steps to get the care you need.

Very impressive, as it can be hard for a person to see when they need some professional assistance for themselves. Please keep us posted as to how you’re doing. :hug:
I have had several treatments for it over the years, but it's not enough and I don't want to end up back where I started. So I want to dive in the deep end because I don't want to lose my progress.

That's a brave thing to do. I hope it goes well for you. I really do. You have done really well so far. Plateauing is not uncommon because (I suppose obviously) the less we weigh the fewer cals we need.

My daughter was very overweight and has managed to get to a reasonable weight over the last 6 months using intermittent fasting. But she has now reached a plateau. She has been the same weight for 6 weeks or more. She looks great compared to before and I don't think she needs to worry too much. But its frustrating for her as she is trying hard.
Hope your daughter has better luck than me! 🤞

I'm much like your sister indeed, the difference being that I am aware of my issue for a long time. Emotional eating / eating disorders are very hard to treat. I have exhausted all regular treatment options, so now I really want to get it dealt with once and for all through a more intense route.

I think your sister is very well aware of her weight problem, but feels out of control and is in denial. I know because I have been through all that. Try to be gentle, that might help her more than scolding because if she's anything like me she scolds herself all day and that only makes things worse.

We don't talk to my sister about her weight, unless she brings it up. If we bring it up, she'll get mad, and go eat a bunch of ice cream, cookies and junk.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom