I'm Watching What I Eat (2024)

I gained 10 kgs back, and 5 of those were in ONE week. I checked with my rheumatologist, and it turns out I was put on a medication that can cause weight gain. Then I got frustrated and ate another 5 on.
Now I lost 1.5 kgs again in the last two weeks.
But I was at 30kgs lost last year, and am now back to 20 lost.. sigh.

I gained 10 kgs back, and 5 of those were in ONE week. I checked with my rheumatologist, and it turns out I was put on a medication that can cause weight gain. Then I got frustrated and ate another 5 on.
Now I lost 1.5 kgs again in the last two weeks.
But I was at 30kgs lost last year, and am now back to 20 lost.. sigh.
Don’t beat yourself up about it, that’s still a 20kg loss. From October through December, I’d put on 10 pounds, and now I’ve lost about seven of that, so I’m still up! :eek:

Failed miserably :(

Need to get my butt into gear as we only have about 4 for our holiday. Maybe I should try white carb free but it seems complicated :scratchhead:

:hug:it's tough, but hang in there. Maybe get professional help? I am seeing an RD tomorrow..

The past 3 weeks have been a bit sporadic meal wise due to the comedy festival, going out in the evening after work so having something quick and convenient. It all finishes this Sunday so I have plenty of time to exercise in the evenings.
Found a good pilates video for beginners on youtube so going to give it a go, need to start somewhere.

So back on the diet tomorrow because I'm finally off multiple steroids after 4½ months on them. Yesterday was the first day back at my normal steroid dose and I slept like a log last night.

I have managed to keep my weight gain on the steroids down to 4kg which I'm relatively happy about given that it covered Christmas, my birthday and New Year as well.

So I've about 10kg to get off provided I don't get sick again.

So back on the diet tomorrow because I'm finally off multiple steroids after 4½ months on them. Yesterday was the first day back at my normal steroid dose and I slept like a log last night.

I have managed to keep my weight gain on the steroids down to 4kg which I'm relatively happy about given that it covered Christmas, my birthday and New Year as well.

So I've about 10kg to get off provided I don't get sick again.
I hope so for you 🤞 and that you'll be able to drop the steroids too, I hate them

I hope so for you 🤞 and that you'll be able to drop the steroids too, I hate them

I'll not be able to drop all of them but at least I'm off the prednisone after almost 5 months on it at 50mg/day. I still need the (2) inhaled steroids to control my asthma and the oral steroid hydrocortisone to manage my Addison's disease.

Now to get my asthma back under control...

I'll be joining you on the exercise bike only mine is a recumbent exercise bike, or on the treadmill. My aim is that if I don't do an hour gardening, I'll use the exercise bike or treadmill.

I'll not be able to drop all of them but at least I'm off the prednisone after almost 5 months on it at 50mg/day. I still need the (2) inhaled steroids to control my asthma and the oral steroid hydrocortisone to manage my Addison's disease.

Now to get my asthma back under control...

I'll be joining you on the exercise bike only mine is a recumbent exercise bike, or on the treadmill. My aim is that if I don't do an hour gardening, I'll use the exercise bike or treadmill.
50 mg? For months? And you only gained 10 kg? You should be even prouder of yourself, that's amazing! I have been on the same for 6 months and gained the 70 lbs/30 kg I am still trying to lose because I keep regaining that weight:cry: I turn into a raging cookie monster on prednisone

We are back on salads at lunch this week. The 1 thing is that I have not told anyone at work as they would make such a big deal about it, asking every day how it is going, weighing myself etc...I am doing this for me so it is my business. Stopped snacking in the evenings as that was becoming a problem. No target has been set, no expectations just doing what I can and we will see where we go from here.

I was motivated and stuck to my RD's plan and lost 1 kilo in a week! So glad to report this new approach works for me! :woot:
That's down from 111 to 110 kg, or from 244 lbs to 242 lbs.
I've also measured my circumference with the RD to see how my muscle mass changes things.

I'm keeping track of my measurements too to see muscle progress, as muscle gain might look like little or no weight loss.
In my first 1.5 week I went from:
Waist 109 cm to 106 cm
Thighs 65 cm to 61 cm
Calfs 50 cm to 48 cm
And I didn't measure my upper arms but my small bingo wings are almost gone due to the dumbell excercise I do as well! 😊 so pretty happy overall .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom