in praise of a supermarket

Canada has recently signed a free trade deal with the EU. We are expecting a deluge of European products to flood our supermarkets...Cheese, wine, bring it on...

The Faugeres, according to the label is "a bold red with jammy black fruit flavours with herbal and spicy notes". All I can say is that it's rather good, and at £8 a bottle is incredibly good value. Furthermore, Tesco are currently running a 25% off promotion when you buy 6 or more bottles, so reduced to £6 a bottle it's a real steal.

I just had a little piece of unexpected serendipity. I was in Tesco, for the first time since I read your OP on this thread and had thought ‘I must look that wine out’. But it was only once I was in Tesco that I suddenly remembered and thought, “darn it, didn’t think to make a note of that wine’. Then my phone buzzed and when I checked it, I had a message about free wi-fi in Tesco. So, genuinely doubting it would work out, I connected to Tesco wi-fi, eventually got up google, did a search for Cooking Bites and got to this website, and then did a search for Tesco red wine. Your thread was top of the list. I opened it up, found the picture, had a little scan along the shelves and couldn’t find it. I was just about to give up when I suddenly remembered, French reds are on the other side. Looked on the other side and within a moment – there it was. Exactly the bottle at exactly the price. Well, I didn’t really then have a choice did I? I had to buy it. I’ll let you know what we think when we have it. Sometime soon.

I just had a little piece of unexpected serendipity. I was in Tesco, for the first time since I read your OP on this thread and had thought ‘I must look that wine out’. But it was only once I was in Tesco that I suddenly remembered and thought, “darn it, didn’t think to make a note of that wine’. Then my phone buzzed and when I checked it, I had a message about free wi-fi in Tesco. So, genuinely doubting it would work out, I connected to Tesco wi-fi, eventually got up google, did a search for Cooking Bites and got to this website, and then did a search for Tesco red wine. Your thread was top of the list. I opened it up, found the picture, had a little scan along the shelves and couldn’t find it. I was just about to give up when I suddenly remembered, French reds are on the other side. Looked on the other side and within a moment – there it was. Exactly the bottle at exactly the price. Well, I didn’t really then have a choice did I? I had to buy it. I’ll let you know what we think when we have it. Sometime soon.
Brilliant! I hope the wine is good (I'm sure it will be if @epicuric recommended it).

It was meant to be! Let us know how you get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom