Insomniac's Thread

caseydog

Local time
10:27 PM
Notice I'm starting this thread at 11:18 PM, my time. :laugh:

I go though bouts of insomnia. I've got a pretty good one going now. My sleep cycle get's way out of whack. At night, I lay in bed, until I finally give up trying to sleep, and get up. Then, I can't stay awake in the daytime hours. I hate it when that happens.

Anyone else here have this problem?

CD

I used to have the same problem when I was working for Phillip Morris. Wake up at 2am and not get back to sleep again, then drop off in the Staff Meeting.
One day I got an e-mail from the VP, at 3.20am. I spoke to him during the day and he suffered from the same problem.
"Get up and do something", he said, "and if you're too exhausted later in the day, just go home. No problem"
What a nice guy!

Yep, occasionally.

I was just reading an article from a sleep doctor about it. I’ll have to see if I can find it, but waking up around 3AM is a natural body function that affects a lot of people, something to do with body temperature starting to rise in preparation for waking up later, something like that.

It always takes me a while to settle to sleep but the past few nights I have woken up for no apparent reason although last night I was physically shaking as I was so cold and yet the weather isn't particularly cold at the moment. Odd and annoying because I feel very tired. No caffeine after 7pm, don't overload my stomach, no computer games or anything like that to stimulate my brain so not sure what is going on.

Notice I'm starting this thread at 11:18 PM, my time. :laugh:

I go though bouts of insomnia. I've got a pretty good one going now. My sleep cycle get's way out of whack. At night, I lay in bed, until I finally give up trying to sleep, and get up. Then, I can't stay awake in the daytime hours. I hate it when that happens.

CD
Yup. And sometimes I sleep well and can actually get to sleep by midnight but then wake up at 5 or 6 and can't get back to sleep.

Yup. And sometimes I sleep well and can actually get to sleep by midnight but then wake up at 5 or 6 and can't get back to sleep.
Sometimes I fall asleep around midnight or 1:00 but wake up at 3:00 and can’t get back to sleep.

Sometimes I fall asleep around midnight or 1:00 but wake up at 3:00 and can’t get back to sleep.
This morning I woke up at around 6 and fell back asleep around 8, then had a hard time getting up at 11, lololol 🙃

I should have just gotten out of bed at 7 instead of going back to sleep.

I don't have trouble getting to sleep anymore . I have a few drinks around 9oclock at night until I've had enough corubas or Gordons. I usually sleep til 7am when wifes alarm goes off. It's still winter so I'm currently dozing off for an hr or so.
If I wake up during the night and cant get back to sleep, I exercise my brain remembering kids I went to school with names. I think I got them all.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom