Is anyone sort of near New Jersey?

Peloquin

Local time
9:42 PM
I'm struggling with some logistics... let me explain...I was talking to the original guitarist of my favourite band over Instagram. I asked him if he'd do me an autographed picture.
Sure, no problem
Great, cheers.

More I don't want him losing money and I told him so. I sais id post him a self addressed envelope with postage paid to put the pic in and send it to me.
Basically, I'm in UK and can't work out how to do it.
I was wondering if anyone on here would be willing to post an envelope inside an envelope to him, problem being they'd have to address and pay postage up front for the envelope to get back here to me.
I will of course pay all costs up front and supply any details needed.
I realise this is a long shot but can't think of any other way to do it.
Hopefully
Mark

I believe the major shippers, like USPS, FedEx and UPS have ways of doing this. I know you can do it within the US. Lots of online stores do it. I think it is worth looking into for International. It won't be cheap.

BTW, North or South Jersey?

CD

I believe the major shippers, like USPS, FedEx and UPS have ways of doing this. I know you can do it within the US. Lots of online stores do it. I think it is worth looking into for International. It won't be cheap.

BTW, North or South Jersey?

CD
Lodi, wherever that is. 😄
I'm not expecting cheap tbh, I've called UPS helpline but all he kept saying was "our driver isn't authorised to open your envelope".
I kept saying I don't want him to, I never mentioned him opening it" but he couldn't grasp what I was asking.

Ham.😄

Lodi, wherever that is. 😄
I'm not expecting cheap tbh, I've called UPS helpline but all he kept saying was "our driver isn't authorised to open your envelope".
I kept saying I don't want him to, I never mentioned him opening it" but he couldn't grasp what I was asking.

Ham.😄

Ah, Bergen County, basically NYC suburb. Far North, near Newark. Over the years, a lot of mobsters have "drowned" in the Passaic River in Bergen County.

CD

If this is simply a photograph in an envelope then the cost is really so little from US to UK (around $1.50?) that its not a big deal. You can easily send him a self addressed envelope from the UK via the Post Office.

If this is simply a photograph in an envelope then the cost is really so little from US to UK (around $1.50?) that its not a big deal. You can easily send him a self addressed envelope from the UK via the Post Office.
I can but it needs to be prepaid, that's the bit I'm struggling with.

I can but it needs to be prepaid, that's the bit I'm struggling with.

Why does it need to be pre paid? Please tell me if I'm wrong someone in the US, but to post a simple envelope to the UK would only cost about $1.50. That is about £1.20. Unless this guy is very poor indeed, I would have thought that would be OK for him to pay. You could always include a small gift in your envelope by way of a thank you.

I have one of the card backed envelope ready, plus a larger one for it to go to America in.

You should be able to go to usps.com and enter the information to get postage cost for the return voyage. You  may also be able to buy the postage depending on service offered. Being in the U.S., I've bought postage online, downloaded and printed the label on many occasions.

If you can't figure it out, send me the address info of both ways via private message and I'll look into it.

You'll need size of the return envelope in inches and potentially the weight in ounces.

Why does it need to be pre paid? Please tell me if I'm wrong someone in the US, but to post a simple envelope to the UK would only cost about $1.50. That is about £1.20. Unless this guy is very poor indeed, I would have thought that would be OK for him to pay. You could always include a small gift in your envelope by way of a thank you.
He has loads to send every week, so a van turns up and just collects. He doesn't go to actually post it.

It could quickly get to a big deal depending on how many requests he receives.

You should be able to go to usps.com and enter the information to get postage cost for the return voyage. You  may also be able to buy the postage depending on service offered. Being in the U.S., I've bought postage online, downloaded and printed the label on many occasions.

If you can't figure it out, send me the address info of both ways via private message and I'll look into it.

You'll need size of the return envelope in inches and potentially the weight in ounces.
Thank you... let me just look into something, a friend of a lad at work lives in California so could possibly be a sort of go- between.

Back
Top Bottom