Is there a thermometer for rice, beans, etc?

foodterminology

Veteran
Local time
12:52 PM
I have a very nice meat thermometer with a 4" probe. I have difficulty getting the temperature of frozen foods after microwaving when they do not contain a large, solid piece of meat. When there is a large, solid piece of meat or fish I can insert the probe through the middle of this piece in the long direction. Is there a different kind of thermometer that makes it easier to get an accurate temperature for meals that contain only pieces of meat and a lot of rice, beans, etc. that do not allow me to keep the probe in contact with the inside of the meat? Thank you.

I have a very nice meat thermometer with a 4" probe. I have difficulty getting the temperature of frozen foods after microwaving when they do not contain a large, solid piece of meat. When there is a large, solid piece of meat or fish I can insert the probe through the middle of this piece in the long direction. Is there a different kind of thermometer that makes it easier to get an accurate temperature for meals that contain only pieces of meat and a lot of rice, beans, etc. that do not allow me to keep the probe in contact with the inside of the meat? Thank you.
Er, no. But if the rice or beans are in a pan (presumably they are) then just put the probe into the mix and take a reading. As long as the temp is above 70deg C for 2 mins or more then it will be safe

Back
Top Bottom