It's time to get those BBQ's out!

zandi

Veteran
Local time
10:12 PM
Okay! How many of you are just as excited as I am for BBQ season to be here?

Well, as I have said in the past, I am not the best cook in the world. Nevertheless, I do have a skill, when it comes to BBQ cooking. I am an expert at keeping an eye on the food and a good flipper over ensuring all the goodies are coated with plenty of BBQ sauce! I like my sauce on the sweet side. How about you? Do you like your sauce sweet or spicy? I would love to hear about some of your favoirte recipes. Well, at least the ones that are not top secret! lol

Yum, yum, let's have some fun on the BBQ!

image.jpg

Here's mine I built it two years ago
I get charcoal from the local woodlands
We had a big bbq last week for about 20
Rump steaks soy marinade
Beef burgers
Sausages
Marinaded Barnsley chops
Salmon kebabs
Chipolta butterfly chicken
Plenty of new pots and salad

Since my trip to Washington has been canceled, maybe I'll cookout or go over to a friend's hound for dinner. :wink:

Yum! I love a good BBQ. Good food, cold drinks and good company. There's nothing more you could want

@Berties
What a lovely BBQ, you have made. It makes me reminiscent of my grandparents brick BBQ from days gone past.
Did it take you long to stack the bricks? How long did they have to dry? We just have one of those black bin bbq's. Every year, we need to replace it because it gets a hole in the bottom! I think, I found the next project for my husband! Food has this extra special kick, when smoked on the grill! I am sure your bbq was a big hit with that list of food!!!

@Berties, your BBQ looks fantastic! We've has some unexpectedly BBQ weather in the UK just recently and I've had one of my disposable camping grills set up outside but it's no substitute for the real thing.

What's everyone's favorite thing to throw on the grill? Mine has gotta be sausages and burger patties. Sooo good.

I love ribs on the grill sometimes I like sauce and sometimes no sauce is good if the meat is real tender. Corn on the cob from the grill is the best. We keep trying different recipes to see which we like the best but have so many more to try yet. I like to smell the grill cooking the food. My daughter is in charge of the grill although I do know how to grill she does not want me touching her space, very protective of that grill.

@Berties
What a lovely BBQ, you have made. It makes me reminiscent of my grandparents brick BBQ from days gone past.
Did it take you long to stack the bricks? How long did they have to dry? We just have one of those black bin bbq's. Every year, we need to replace it because it gets a hole in the bottom! I think, I found the next project for my husband! Food has this extra special kick, when smoked on the grill! I am sure your bbq was a big hit with that list of food!!!
We were building to the rear of work and planning restrictions made us use 6 different brick types ,hence we had enough to build the bbq left ,I had to cast the top out of concrete and took a day to lay the bricks and 3 days before I took the shuttering down ,the cost was less than £90 as I had the rest of the supplies in my shed,i designed it on the brickwork around my range in the kitchen,for big party's its a dream

Definitely not BBQ season for me yet. Still in the low 30's. But of course climate change is for crazy people who deal with gardens or have farms or raise livestock or other crazy things that people pay little attention to until it's gone.

Hmmm - still raining and we have a nice cold wind too.
same here,i have on son that was in the middle of the new forest camping on a 72 hour expedition,he text me at 5.45am whilst cooking hot chocolate flavoured
porridge, he had to cook alfresco in the rain........
:rain::cook:

Just last week, we had a barbecue party in a mountain resort. It was an overnight affair in celebrating the birthday of my niece. All the guests were housed in tents and the younger ones stayed awake until dawn, I guess some did not sleep at all. It was lots of fun. Of course, the centerpiece was the barbecue. It was plain pork barbecue but it was a hit. We also roasted some hotdogs for the midnight snack.

Back
Top Bottom