Jamming.....

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
7:18 AM
E2106B87-6A9A-4ED4-90A3-996F5E24D36A.jpeg

Had a glut of strawberries so thought I’d have a go at making jam. Used gin instead of water but have to be honest can’t really taste it!

This is a bit too sweet for my taste but every one I’ve given a jar to has liked it. Managed to get a decent set. I think strawberry jam is easy to make so I’m not being too smug ;-)

Anyone else a jam maker?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love your labels! Maybe the sweetness overpowered the gin taste. As you will know, gin has juniper in it so I suppose you could have added extra juniper to boost the flavour. But, I'll be honest - strawberry and juniper doesn't strike me as a perfect partnership. Gin in marmalade would be another matter though!

View attachment 18387

Had a glut of strawberries so thought I’d have a go at making jam. Used gin instead of water but have to be honest can’t really taste it!

This is a bit too sweet for my taste but every one I’ve given a jar to has liked it. Managed to get a decent set. I think strawberry jam is easy to make so I’m not being too smug ;-)

Anyone else a jam maker?

I once made raspberry jam, it was nice but as I am the only 1 who eats it it isn't worth doing it again.

Love your labels! Maybe the sweetness overpowered the gin taste. As you will know, gin has juniper in it so I suppose you could have added extra juniper to boost the flavour. But, I'll be honest - strawberry and juniper doesn't strike me as a perfect partnership. Gin in marmalade would be another matter though!

Wilko’s labels! Cheap and cheerful (like me - apart from the cheerful!).

Yeah, I used a strong tasting gin - that was not to my taste as I wanted to get it used up. It’s edible so I’m not unhappy.

Back
Top Bottom