Jello and ice cream

Local time
2:34 AM
I can remember eating jello with ice cream on a regular basis when I was a child,and even into my teenage years. I have not eaten jello for many years now, however. I never ate the jello unless it was mixed with ice cream. I think the combination is a good one. We used jellos of different colours and flavours, but the most popular one was cherry.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRITc0LlnVE3SNTnSVdN_A0nNtqKpV-25sMYW0IBCbx1nIyeYbm.jpg

Do any of you mix your ice cream with jello, or is this only kid's stuff?

We don't have that jello and ice cream here, never heard of that. But our counterpart may be that snack dessert called halo-halo. It is a mix of sweets like plantain, sweet potato, beans, jackfruit that were slightly caramelized in a glass and crushed ice will be on top laced with sugar and jello plus evaporated milk. That's one good snack during summer. Halo-halo never fails to amuse foreigners with the peculiar sweet taste particularly there are added ingredients like sweetened palm fruit and nata de coco.

I've always thought the mix of icecream and jello/jelly was strange. The textures don't match up. I always ate them individually when they were served together. I rarely have jelly anymore anyway, except when I'm sick. It's legendary for a sore throat!

I still eat jello not with the ice cream, lactose issues.

I was never a fan of jello as a kid and never changed my mind as I got older. I am happy with the ice cream on its own or with some "Guinness cake" when I finally learn how to make one.

Last edited:
No I have not tried jello and ice cream. If I make a sherbet I can put bits of jello on it to add texture and color. Maybe on my ice cream I can put little bits of jello as topping to add some fun and texture too.

I have never had jello and ice cream but we use to always eat jello and whipped cream.
I still enjoy it every now and then.

Why not? Wibble wobble while you can! But that means a properly turned out jelly (jello) with pure vanilla ice-cream on the side. The jelly (jello) should tremble with anticipation as you approach it...

Why not? Wibble wobble while you can! But that means a properly turned out jelly (jello) with pure vanilla ice-cream on the side. The jelly (jello) should tremble with anticipation as you approach it...
Jello shot!

I was never a fan of jello as a kid and never changed my mind as I got older. I am happy with the ice cream on its own or with some "Guinness cake" when I find learn how to make one.
Hard part will be seeing if you can leave it alone for a week.

I've never had jello with ice cream. When I as little my mom always served us jello with whipped cream on top. I still do this for my kids but I think now I'll have to try ice cream with the jello. I'm sure they will love it.

I had never tried eating jello together with ice cream. But I always put cubes of strawberry jello when I am making my vegetables salad (lettuce, tomato, carrot, onion, pineapple bits) with tuna and mayo dressing. I find it a good combination when I am eating my vegetable salad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom