Kabobs

CraigC

Guru
Local time
6:50 AM
Everyone has seen those skewers with all the colorful vegetables and meat put on in series. I've even had a few people tell me they have it down to a science to cut every thing to a size for even cooking.:headshake:I say, you need to cook each item on its own skewer to insure even cooking! What are your thoughts?

I have some agreement with this - but that may be because I'm not a fan of semi cooked/semi crisp bell peppers. They are very often included for their colour as much as anything and invariably they are not, to my mind, cooked through.

What sort of things do you all make kebobs (kebabs) from? I must admit I don't make them often. Last time I simply cooked tofu on its own - Tofu Tikka!. So there was no issue about things cooking at different rates.

fullsizeoutput_2703.jpeg

@Yorky A beautiful plat. I do agree with @CraigC . I like my veggies cooked on separate skewers. I also prefer space between the pieces. Question: Do you soak your skewers before using? I do.

Served unwrapped - chicken on green oak lettuce with bbq sauce.
cooked on green oak 3 s.jpg

@Yorky A beautiful plat. I do agree with @CraigC . I like my veggies cooked on separate skewers. I also prefer space between the pieces. Question: Do you soak your skewers before using? I do.

I sometimes do not include vegetables as with these honey and lime marinated prawns.

honey-lime prawns 2 s.jpg

One thing that is lovely about kebabs is the way you marinate beforehand - somehow I never think about marinating vegetables unless I'm making kebabs. All vegetable kebobs/kebabs are one of my favourite ways to eat vegetables. Mushrooms in particular really benefit from a marinade. I must get those skewers out!

Last edited:
One thing that is lovely about kebabs is the way you marinate beforehand - somehow I never think about marinating vegetables unless I'm making kebabs. All vegetable kebobs/kebabs are one of my favourite ways to eat vegetables. Mushrooms in particular really benefit from a marinade. I must get those skewers out!

I don't normally marinate other than the meat/seafood. However, the excess marinade is poured over the prepared kebabs which are then stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.

kebabs-5 s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom