Kitchenaid Ravioli Maker Attachment Fail

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
7:09 AM
I have to admit, it's rather crazy/insane for Kitchenaid to release such a product let alone other third party companies like Williams & Sonoma to produce videos like this demo-ing it and further highlighting how ridiculous this attachment is. Do they really think consumers are that mindless that they would buy something like this?

The comments in the video are pretty hilarious as well, along the lines of "is this a joke". One commenter explains though that apparently Kitchenaid had partnered with some other company who manufactures pasta makers to create the attachment, so that somewhat explains it.

The attachment fits into that $500 Kitchenaid stand mixer, but the mixer itself literally serves no other purpose - it acts as a glorified stand for it. None of the other mechanics in the mixer power the ravioli maker in any other way - it's a hand crank device. You could attach this thing to your toaster or a hole in the wall and it wouldn't make any difference, lol.

Bonkers! I've got a pasta maker (hand operated) similar to this attachment which cost £20 (around 30 US dollars).

When you use a hand machine you really get the feel of the paste ,it does take time to get the machine going in sync with feeding it in,but for me it's hand all the way ,unless you see the commercial pop all the ingredients in the top and it comes out the side ,now they are cool

When you use a hand machine you really get the feel of the paste ,it does take time to get the machine going in sync with feeding it in,but for me it's hand all the way ,unless you see the commercial pop all the ingredients in the top and it comes out the side ,now they are cool
Yes I've seen one of those pop everything in and out it comes machines. I think they are rather expensive...

I suppose they think the elevation of the mixer is more useful than anything else you would have in your kitchen to attack it to. I don't think there is much reason for an electric pasta maker though, so they could have made it differently a that it could be used independently of any other equipment.

Back
Top Bottom