Kombucha

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
3:47 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Do you like it?
Do you have any home-made recipes for making it?
I've taken a liking to it and would be interested in making some once I get home. Flavours I like tend to be things like strawberry or lemon and raspberry. I have lots of lemons at home and come summer and autumn lots of fruit I can try, so working it all out and getting things going now would be great.

I had to search this - fermented tea, it seems! Very on trend. :D I'm not sure any of the descriptions I have read make me want to try it (but of course, I would do if offered). What does it taste like?

I've tried it a few times in vegan breakfast/lunch restaurants down the Jersey shore, but I just don't like it. I like other fermented foods, but I don't know. It just seems like a drink that's gone bad.

I had to search this - fermented tea, it seems! Very on trend. :D I'm not sure any of the descriptions I have read make me want to try it (but of course, I would do if offered). What does it taste like?
Some taste pretty awful to me. I've only ever had "shop bought" ones and I've been careful with the choice of flavours but even then there have been some "NO'S" yelled our at me at the first sip.

I was apprehensive the first time I tried it, I have to say. I only purchased it because I didn't want yet another orange juice. My thoughts were super foods and awful tastes but the ones I've tried and liked even hubby has liked. I know he wouldn't have tried any without my "it's fine, you'll like it" and he had lived them, though not yet owned up to buying any just for himself but when he stays bringing it into hospital for you without you having actually asked for it, I'm left wondering what I would see if there was a till receipt!
There are some curious flavour combinations of there though.

There are a couple of manufacturers I like. It is after all, black tea (not that strong and doesn't really come through and I'm not a tea drinker) fermented to make it fizzy (no different from champagne in that aspect) and flavour added if wanted (usually). The major thing that I notice is that they are not sweet, something I appreciate. The bugs used to ferment it are good tummy bacteria bugs for want of a better description so again in that aspect not that much different from having a live yoghurt or Yakhult with your evening meal/breakfast.

images.jpeg

Yeah, it's no where near champagne. Unless you're talking about the little bit remaining in a bottle of champagne drank on New Year's eve that left was on the counter, and it's March 28th.

Back
Top Bottom