Korean Food

Rhodolite

Veteran
Local time
10:27 PM
It's not as well known as Chinese, Japanese or even Indian, but I consider it extremely delicious, but I may be biased because of my background haha. That being said, how many of you have tried eating Korean food or attempted cooking Korean food?

We have started to watch a programme Korean food made simple hosted by Judy Joo a Korean American, some of the food looks good but some has heavy American influences. I would prefer to see pure Korean food eaten by Koreans. We both like Chinese, Japanese and Thai food so Korean has caught our attention.

I am married to a Korean and I may say that during my very first encounter eating Korean food I was very hesitant to the spicy taste to most of their dishes but in the end after years of staying in their country I am adapted already to their food and somehow learned to like it.

I had a meal cooked for me by some Korean friends who were living in England at the time. I remember enjoying the food and I would be happy to try some more Korean dishes. I shall look out for any recipes that I might be able to try at home.

I have tried a lot of Korean food and true to what they say they are a little bit spicy. But its spiciness makes it very delicious. I have tried kimchi, korean noodles, Bulgogi and Galbi and they are very sumptuous. I also like Soju it has a very nice taste when drink.

I love korean food! I especially love bibimbaps and kimchi. Also the kind of stuff where you wrap the meat in lettuce and put all kinds of spices in it. I can't get enough of Korean food!

@Vickeree A small slice of a grilled pork belly that is dip to a sauce which is sesame oil and salt is wrapped in lettuce together with a small amount of chili pepper paste, one clove of garlic, kenip leaves then eat the whole wrap of it.
We called it in Korea....SAMGYEOPSAL.. a famous dish which is truly everybody's favorite.

Korean foods are not only delicious but very healthy too. When they eat they had many side dishes of vegetables and they called it "pancham"...which are served together with their main dish.

I traveled to South Korea once when traveling through other parts of Asia and the cuisine there is great! I did a cooking class where we made kimchi and bulgogi - I love bulgogi but not so much of a fan of kimchi! We also have some Korean neighbors where I live and so they've introduced me to more of the cuisine like Japchae and Bibimbap for instance - hope I'm spelling them right! I've had great experiences with the food and enjoy it a lot!

It used to be Chinese food that Filipinos liked and then came the Japanese food that became popular in the 1980s. And now it is the Korean food that is conquering the Philippines. What I like in Korean food is their honey chicken and kimchi. It is a combination of spicy and sweet. So nice with steaming rice.

I love Korean BBQ, there is a restaurant we go to when we visit Toronto and it is the best Korean BBQ. The kids love being able to cook their own meat and we love the flavour of the Korean beef. It's so tender and flavourful. My husband love kimchi and I am slowing developing a taste for it. Where I live there isn't a good Korean restaurant, I'm hoping one will open soon. We've got great Vietnamese, Thai, and Chinese but waiting on a good Korean BBQ restaurant.

I LOVE Korean food! I just got back from a year in Korea and have been craving samgyeopsal, sambap, doenjang jiggae and various things since I got back.
I scoured my local Asian supermarket and managed to find gochujang and some kimchi but nothing tastes quite right!

The thing that seems to make the most difference is the rice. I just cannot seem to cook proper Korean rice at home!

@debilechat If there are other Asian stores in your place you can check again if they had gochujang, ssamjang and doenjang which gives flavors to most Korean dishes. And yes you are right in Korea their manner of cooking rice is different and it taste good!

There is a little Korean Restaurant up the street from where I work and I go there often. The food is really good and the people who run it are so friendly. My grand daughter loves it too. Whenever her and I are out shopping she always wants to get some Korean food.

Back
Top Bottom