Life Skills for kids aged 2 - 15

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by The Late Night Gourmet, Jan 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

I certainly didn't make this list, but I found it interesting. I found it on that source of truth called "pinterest", but you can certainly make up your own mind about them, regardless of the source. Now. I'm trying to recall if I had the skills listed below at these ages. I'm not sure if I was taking dirty dishes to the sink at age 2, for example. I'm fairly certain I wasn't putting my toys away at that age, either.

[​IMG]

2. rascal

rascal Senior Member

My 9 year old granddaughter Isla gets up first and gets her 2 brothers 7 and 4 their breakfasts.has done for a few years. My son and his wife have very busy jobs so that's how they role. Isla likes playing mother duck. Kids rise at 6 am.

Russ

3. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

My favourite one on this list is this (age 16-18):

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 19.00.37.png

If only...

4. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Midlands, England

I appreciate life skills should be taught but some seem a bit extreme for youngsters.

5. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

Some days, I'm happy if they just put their dirty clothes in the hamper and put their dirty dishes in the sink (which are on the Age 2-3 list...I suppose the bar is a lot lower than it should be).

MypinchofItaly and morning glory like this.