Lifetime of food in a freezer.

Or have His'nHer freezers. Since I started cooking I get moaned at for putting either what I've cooked or bought in the freezer.
I used to have a separate freezer for animal food, but now they eat the same type of food as me.....:D

Last edited:
I get the same from my partner. He gets quite upset by the amount of food I've stored in the freezer!
I tend to batch cook so my freezer is full, but anything I'm likely to use in the next 2 or 3 days goes in the fridge. The packs of dog food I buy go in the fridge too but it's all natural stuff so in theory nothing is unfit for human consumption although in reality I wouldn't care to eat some of it myself. His raw meat goes in the freezer and is thawed out as required, but it's all top quality UK produced grade A meat and chicken, so sometimes I do pinch some of it to cook for myself :D

Or have His'nHer freezers. Since I started cooking I get moaned at for putting either what I've cooked or bought in the freezer.

We used to have his/her kitchens. Our old house was a 2 family of which we lived throughout both floors. Each floor had 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bath, and living area. Plus I finished the basement.

It was my parents-in-laws' house. When they became old and infirmed, my wife and I turned their little home into a 2 family house and we moved in to take care of them. Years later, when they had passed and my son was born, we just sort of spread out throughout the house. I eventually took over the kitchen on the first floor.

There's a refrigerator/freezer in the garage in our new house, but it's been acting up in really cold weather (-10° to -13° C lately).
I guess the freezer decides it's cold enough out and stops working. Unfortunately, it doesn't always restart when the weather warms up so I've lost a good amount of food.

I get the same from my partner. He gets quite upset by the amount of food I've stored in the freezer!
Mine opens the freezer, roots around for a bit, then asks where is whatever he is looking for.
It is still really full.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a refrigerator/freezer in the garage in our new house, but it's been acting up in really cold weather (-10° to -13° C lately).
I guess the freezer decides it's cold enough out and stops working. Unfortunately, it doesn't always restart when the weather warms up so I've lost a good amount of food.
I think I remember reading somewhere that specially purposed freezer should be used in a garage, rather than a 'normal' household one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom