Lifetime of food in a freezer.

He could do like me and put it in the bedroom.

Oh and I freeze bread crumbs. Right now my freezer is full. But we only major grocery shop about 3 times a year.

Bedroom freezers can't be a good idea. On any level! Freezing breadcrumbs is a good idea, however.

Last edited:
You just have a warped mind. Sometimes you have to put things where they fit.
Nah! Not warped at all. Think about it. A freezer is a cold thing. It's also not a very pretty thing to have in your bedroom.

'Putting things where they fit'?, you say? Now that is much more what bedrooms are for... :laugh:

Nah! Not warped at all. Think about it. A freezer is a cold thing. It's also not a very pretty thing to have in your bedroom.

'Putting things where they fit'?, you say? Now that is much more what bedrooms are for... :laugh:
What does pretty have to do with it?
Our bedroom is right off the kitchen.

OK - are you recommending the freezer in the bedroom scenario?

No. Freezers belong in the kitchen or the utility room IMO. However, I am an advocate of having fridges in the bedroom. Even the hospital rooms here have fridges (but you have to provide your own beer to stock them).

Why the radiator on them?

When was the last time you heard someone say "It's hot in here, turn the radiator on"

I want one small enough where I can put it where it'll take up very minimum space. I don't want a big giant one!
It would have to be a compact one. :wink:

Things last in my freezer until my wife decides that she needs more room to freeze bread.
Who the f freezes bread?
I freeze bones and carcasses with which to make stock, or whole fish when I've had a good day on the line, or meats from the fridge that would have otherwise gone bad.
But no.
If the meats or fish look a little frosty, they are deemed freezer burned and tossed out to make room for bagels or rye bread.
If my carcasses and bones for stock are found, they are immediately ejected. You know; cause we need room for rolls, or maybe a naan.

So, I say marry wisely, or forego the freezer.

Or have His'nHer freezers. Since I started cooking I get moaned at for putting either what I've cooked or bought in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom