Recipe Lime Chilli Coriander Sauce

Frizz1974

Veteran
Local time
8:21 PM
2 cups / a bunch of coriander/ cilantro - stems and leaves. Roughly 2 cups.
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1.5 cups chopped peppers/chillies - I used 4 green bullhorn chillies and 6 green hot Thai chillies
6 cloves garlic
2 teaspoon salt.

Blend until very smooth.

That's it.

I used the NutriBullet - easy peasy.
I'm storing mine in the fridge in a washed out wine bottle. It does need a good shake before use.
It's delicious on top of any Tex/Mex or even Indian curries.
I have 2 coriander haters so it's great to be able to add this to my plate. So far it's been 4 weeks and there's no sign of deterioration.

The coriander & hot chillies are from the garden. The one thing I'd really love to grow here is citrus but it's impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea to have this sauce on hand.

I have 2 coriander haters so it's great to be able to add this to my plate. So far it's been 4 weeks and there's no sign of deterioration.

I have one of those (I don't get it it as its supposed to be genetic and both me and his Dad love it). Its a good idea to have a coriander sauce to add. Fresh coriander goes wilted and sad so quickly.

The one thing I'd really love to grow here is citrus but it's impossible.
My new veg plot and garden actually has a lemon tree growing in it, laden with unripe lemons,..

PSX_20180401_184732.jpg

Great idea to have this sauce on hand.

I have one of those (I don't get it it as its supposed to be genetic and both me and his Dad love it). Its a good idea to have a coriander sauce to add. Fresh coriander goes wilted and sad so quickly.

Do you keep it in water in fridge? When we buy it, we bring it home, wash it, cut off the ends of the stems and put it in a glass with fresh water, then cover it with 1 of the plastic vege bags and put it in the fridge. It lasts 2, sometimes 3 weeks depending on how fresh it was to begin with.

Cilantro can only be grown here in the few winter months we have. It bolts as soon as we start having close to 80 degree highs every day.

Do you keep it in water in fridge? When we buy it, we bring it home, wash it, cut off the ends of the stems and put it in a glass with fresh water, then cover it with 1 of the plastic vege bags and put it in the fridge. It lasts 2, sometimes 3 weeks depending on how fresh it was to begin with.

Cilantro can only be grown here in the few winter months we have. It bolts as soon as we start having close to 80 degree highs every day.

Yes - if I can get a decent bunch with stalks. I also buy the potted cilantro sold in supermarkets. It keeps reasonably well. I don't know if you have that in US - there are various herbs sold in pots alongside the packets:

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 14.17.49.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 14.17.27.png

Not so much in supermarkets, though a few do, but the home improvement stores all have a huge selection of potted herbs and vegetables. We've always had an herb garden growing, but, as I mentioned above, it's pretty much impossible to grow cilantro outside other than 2 or 3 months out of the year.​

Back
Top Bottom