Liquid smoke?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:33 AM
I'm trying to find liquid smoke. I ran out about a. Month ago. I use it for my ribs. Daughter bought 2 racks for me to cook. The addition of this just takes it to next level. Do you use it??
I'm trying a place near me???

Russ

Someone bought some for me from the big city. I think I used it a couple of times. I may still have it in the back of the fridge.

I don't use it for anything that I cook regularly..but, I have tried it in different things over the years..I found that I have to be careful with it because the flavour can be strong. I've rubbed ribs with it when I did oven bbq ribs..A drop or two in chili to see what it would be like, home made bbq sauce, etc.....it's fun to try things with it, but not part of anything I do...

I'd love a smoker. Sadly with condo living and just a small balcony, bbqs, smokers, big green eggs are not allowed here. :(

This one would be no use to you then? It belonged to a friend who has since died and no-one knows where it went. Well, there must be one person who knows where it went!

The meatloaf in my photo is smoking on a Weber Kettle. Weber makes a couple of portable ones, I have one for camping. It is called a Jumbo Joe. If you live in an apartment or condo, but have a place not far away that you can use a grill/bbq, the Jumbo Joe will work.

CD

Yep - I use liquid smoke on occasions, especially when I want some smoky flavour but don´t want to start up the BBQ (which means lighting the coals).
Last time I ran out, I found some hickory-smoked salt in the market. Added water, mixed it all together, voilá!

Back
Top Bottom