Little ice maker has come back to life!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
7:31 AM
I now have a dilemma! The ice maker that i condemed & was about to throw it away, has started working again!! I guess I'll keep it, but I now have two. I thought that once the thing stopped working, that was it!! Maybe there's a reset switch inside that has activated or something. :eek:

Last edited:
I now have a dilemma! The ice maker that i condemed & was about to throw it away, has started working again!! I guess I'll keep it, but I now have two. I thought that once the thing stopped working, that was it!! Maybe there's a reset switch inside that has activated or something. :eek:View attachment 79682
I've only used mine about a dozen times

I've only used mine about a dozen times

Well, I'm glad that I didn't throw it away. The ice that it DID make, I bagged it up & put it in the freezer. When it's done, I'll store it in one of the closets in case something probably goes wrong with the newer one. :whistling:

Anything with a compressor will have a delay circuit, and something to stop it from running if it gets turned on its side or upside down. Those will usually reset in time, so that may be what happened.

Hang on to it, at least until early summer. At that point, some charity can probably find a good home for it. I can see it being a blessing to some elderly person dealing with the summer heat with some ice-cold drinks.

CD

Anything with a compressor will have a delay circuit, and something to stop it from running if it gets turned on its side or upside down. Those will usually reset in time, so that may be what happened.

Hang on to it, at least until early summer. At that point, some charity can probably find a good home for it. I can see it being a blessing to some elderly person dealing with the summer heat with some ice-cold drinks.

CD

I think I'll hold on to it, just in case the newer one acts up. I''l have a backup. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom