Recipe Low Calorie Meal #2, Radicchio Albacore Sesame Stir Fry

Discussion in 'From Healthier Eating to Sports Nutrition' started by flyinglentris, May 13, 2018.

1. flyinglentris

flyinglentris Well-Known Member

This low calories meal includes some protein (meat) in the form of Omega-3 rich Albacore Tuna, Tofu and Pine Nuts.

Radicchio Albacore Sesame Stir Fry

RadicchioAlbacoreSesameStirFry.png

Ingredients:

RASSF_Ingredients.png

Procedure:

In a wok or suitable pot ...

1) Add 8 Garlic Cloves, 1 12 oz. can of Albacore Tuna and 2 tblspns Olive Oil
    2) Heat at 275 degrees F to brown
    3) Add 8 cross cut Mushrooms, 12 whole Thai Birds Eye Peppers and 20 whole Snow Peas
    4) Continue heating and stir
    5) Add 3 cross cut Scallions, 4.5 oz. Braised Tofu and 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato
    6) Continue heating and stir
    7) Add 2 cups Radicchio (approximately 1 head)
    8) Add 1/4 cup Broccoli Sprouts
    9) Continue to heat and stir.
    10) Add 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, 2 tblspns Balsamic Vinegar, Sesame Seed to suite and Sweet Basil to suite.
    11) Heat until fried down
    12) Remove to shallow plates and serve.

RadicchioAlbacoreSesameStirFry.png

Calorie List: 4 Servings, 270 Calories (C) per Serving

2 Cups Radicchio 20C
    3 Scallions 36C
    8 Mushrooms 32C
    8 Garlic Cloves 32C
    12 Thai Peppers 36C
    20 Snow Peas 28C
    0.25 Cup Brocolli Sprouts 12C
    4.5 Oz. Braised Tofu 135C
    0.25 Cup Sun Dried Tomato 60C
    1 Albacore Tuna 405C
    2 Tblspn Balsamic Vinegar 14C
    2 Tblspn Olive Oil 240C
    0.25 Cup Pine Nuts 24C

--

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member Recipe Challenge Judge

Interesting combinations of flavour and texture here. I note the broccoli sprouts which I've not come across before ('sprouts', as in micro-leaves). Do you buy them ready made?

3. detroitdad

detroitdad Senior Member

I really like the sounds of this dish.

4. flyinglentris

The supermarket grocers offer quite a wide variety of sprouts these days. It used to be just clover and alfalfa sprouts, but now you can get broccoli and radish sprouts, among others. They come prepackaged in plastic containers, leafy side up, root side down, like a small section of turf with the soil washed clean away.

I tend to like sprouts on sandwiches, but throwing them into a meal item works too.

5. flyinglentris

It's the first time I have tried Radicchio. It has an interesting flavor and unlike cabbage, falls apart when cooked in a meal like this one. This was quite flavorful and with as I mentioned, a goodly texture. I found some pine nuts to add in since sesame seeds are so small.

detroitdad likes this.
  6. morning glory

I love it but haven't ever used it cooked - usually in a salad. The bitter taste is lovely and pairs well with orange.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  7. morning glory

8. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

Since it's not part of the recipe, I assume you can buy it this way? I've only ever seen tofu in grayish cubes. Then again, it could very well be at the local Asian market, and I just never looked for it.

This looks like a nice blend of Italian (balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pine nuts, and tomato) and Asian (the other ingredients) flavors.