lunch today?

foodlover

Veteran
Local time
5:35 PM
so what has everyone had for dinner today?
i did a quick and easy option as the kids are with their grandparents for the day and husband is at work,
i had peppered garlic chicken with mushrooms and pasta with philadelphia melted with the chicken as a sauce, was scrummy!

Well it is breakfast time here right now, but I know tonight I will have cheese tortellini, with spaghetti sauce, and home made garlic bread with a tossed salad. Last night, I had hotdogs and broccoli, with a bit of ice cream for dessert. I can't wait to go the grocery store on Friday as my food supply at the moment is not that exciting!

Ha, not really, just some pop tarts...like I said, I need to go to the store! What about you? What are you having for lunch or dinner? I hope it is something interesting and healthy!

still nice! well im stuffed after my lunch and i hate to admit that we'll be having a takeaway tonight as the kids are staying over at their grandparents house so it'll be a nice peaceful evening for me and my hubby! although i do feel slightly guilty about the takeaway.. but i cant resist a delicious chinese!

It is Friday here so our dinner is not really special - we usually cook food during the weekend. Sad to admit but our dinner tonight is the leftover yesterday. It is pork spare ribs that is sauteed in tomato sauce. But the pork has been fried before mixing with the tomato sauce and other flavorings like lemon grass, soy sauce, pepper, bay leaf, etc. For variety, the garnishings are potatoes and carrots plus green peas (in can). The people in our house love it because of the unique taste.

Yesterday I had some Bajan Chinese chicken fried rice. The Chinese restaurant has only Barbadian workers so people always say it's not real Chinese which is fine by me. I honestly want only my cooking these days but I have to eat to stay alive and yesterday was not a good cooking day.

Yesterday day I had a veggie wrap with low fat hot mustard dressing. I love veggie wraps. They are a favorite. I am not sure what I am going to have today for lunch. We always go out for lunch on Friday so I guess I will have to wait and see what is decided.

Yesterday's supper was a quick spaghetti made with ground beef, ground pork. I like to add minced vegetables to my tomato sauce. I'll add finely chopped zucchini, onions, celery and peppers. Whatever is leftover becomes my lunch. I can't wait to dig into my spaghetti lunch in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom