Mice

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:57 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Not for eating obviously, too many bones... Here, we have everything in cupboards that are known to be mouse proof, in storage containers such as the kilner jars (or on this case IKEA alternatives) and when it had been really bad in the past (many years ago now) even the tins needed writing on because the mice stripped the labels off the tins for bedding.

We also do a check last thing at night, cupboard doors shut, everything away, all kitchen food waste is burnt (we can't afford to feed them in a compost bin, that's garden waste only), surfaces must be clear etc...

For others who have to live with this everyday pest, what are your routines?

Get a cat - a good one. When we first moved out here into the country we unearthed a mouse 'colony' when working in the garden. Dozens of the things ran in all directions but never did we see one in the house [we had five cats at the time - two of them had been ferals that we 'tamed']. Otherwise not much else you can do.

Well my cat brought me a few gifts when he was alive. Outside of that my husband uses a pesticide in the garden. I am not sure of the name so a cat is my final answer. Of course my cat soon realised I did not appreciate the gifts and was mortified at the sight of any so my solution was short lived. I honestly don't see any these days otherwise I might just have to relocate. I know some might be somewhere outside but if they move in I know I have to move out.

Nature delivered us a solution last Wednesday night. Sadly we could not keep her, it broke our hearts having to find her a new home but she has (presumably) gone to a very good one now.
This is a link to my blog (of my time in Australia). It contains her photos.
http://www.time-to-act.co.uk/some-days-are-easier-than-others-kittens/
And there are some tears here as well. After my loss and the pain it brought me I swore I could never have another. This one right here is a keeper though. I pray he/she remains well. I won't be forgetting this story.

I looked this up? Bear Grylls is for real?!?!?No!!!
Chief Scout at one stage. Took up where Ray Mears left off.

A pupil of "lofty" Wiseman, special forces survival instructor, both sides of the Atlantic.

Chief Scout at one stage. Took up where Ray Mears left off.

A pupil of "lofty" Wiseman, special forces survival instructor, both sides of the Atlantic.
By george or jenny, I don't think I stand a chance in the wild. In civilization I am having issue far less with the mice and all the rest of them.
Sadly yes. I know ex special forces who at one time served with him. I won't repeat here what they said.
I am more than curious.

Bear is doing a series at the moment with several Hollywood stars [rather them than me] - even did one with Mr Obama himself [although it was a little toned down for him]. The terrifying thing is he doesn't always cook it before he eats it.

We have had mice once,we sealed up all holes where possible in the kitchen ,they will travel through cavity then pipe shrouds ,then used traps with choclate hob nobs,did the trick,
When we get rats at the bird feeders I bait them and use the air rifle,U.K. Tends to get rats now coming in after harvest

Back
Top Bottom