Milk frother

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
5:23 AM
Why did I buy this? I don't need more gadgets and I rarely drink coffee or frothy hot chocolate. But then I thought maybe it will produce foams for savoury applications? This remains to be seen. I liked it because its compact and no batteries or cables. A simple manual device. Oh - and it wasn't too expensive. Tomorrow we shall see if it works.

I’m curious now to see if a press pot/French press would do the same thing…

Why did I buy this? I don't need more gadgets and I rarely drink coffee or frothy hot chocolate. But then I thought maybe it will produce foams for savoury applications? This remains to be seen. I liked it because its compact and no batteries or cables. A simple manual device. Oh - and it wasn't too expensive. Tomorrow we shall see if it works.

View attachment 83119

Morning Glory, it's not like you to go buy stuff that you don't use or need. I probanly wouldn't find a need to get a frother, since I don't make expresso. The same reason that I wouldn't buy the machine to do it with. :ninja:

Are you saying you don't have one of these? :ohmy:

CD

No I don't. It never sparked my interest to just go out & buy one. Truth be told, that if you have a stick blender, (& I do), you can froth your milk that way instead. Or use a Vitamix blender. As for an expresso machine, I was also never interested in one. Ever! Coffee is all that I drink in the morning. Sometimes black, sometimes with cream & a swetener, such as Splenda. :whistling:

Last edited:
I use to use soy lecithin for foams in savory applications like parsley for example and suggest you look into that. In milk, it's the protein that is the emulsifier.

Yes - I use lecithin too and I do have some. I've made quite a few foams in the past. I've also used xanthum gum. And, I have an espuma gun! So you know, this new frother really is a gadget I don't need! :laugh:

I think I´d have gone down the pub and had a few pints instead...:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom