Review My New Small Compact Freezer.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Appliances, Cookware, Gadgets & Cookbooks' started by Shermie, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

My new freezer came yesterday.

I transferred the previously frozen meats over from the fridge's freezer to the new one. it is practically full now with the meats. it reached a temp of -4 degrees. That is below 0. I can now get a few more meats to add to what I already have for the winter.

The compressor is so quiet that you can only hear it in quiet surroundings! Very energy efficient. It is energy-star rated for saving on your electric bill. Holds over 100lb of food! :wink:

2. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

My new freezer!.jpg

Here it is! Has most of the stuff that was in the fridge freezer! :wink:

3. oddduck

oddduck Active Member

Thats the size i would likely prefer but i have my mom's old upright freezer thats bigger than my fridge. I really only use two shelves in it. But justifying replacing just doesn't make sense costwise so i'll continue using it till it stops running. The thing i regret the most about it is the space it takes up in the kitchen/dining area...i'd rather have a china cabinet there to hold and display my vintage pyrex.

Shermie likes this.
  4. Shermie

Shermie Über Member

I HAD to get a compact one. There is just no room in the kitchen for a regular size one or otherwise, unless I move the table into the living room. I want to keep that an eat-in kitchen. Getting this freezer has opened up more frozen food storage for the fridge's freezer. It has allowed me to put more meats in there, plus ice cream.:wink: