Recipe Natasha's Loaded Potato Soup

blades

Local time
1:14 PM
If you like a soup with lots of calories and lots of flavor, this one is for you. It isn't my recipe. It came from Natasha's Kitchen. I've made it several times and love it. The recipe results in a soup that is thicker than I prefer so I cut back a little on the flour and add additional chicken stock. Rather than pre-boiling the potatoes I just cube them and cook them in the soup. Also I stir the toppings into the soup because most of it goes into freezer containers for future use. But since it isn't my recipe, here it is as described by the blog owner herself.

Loaded Potato Soup​

Ingredients
4 Large Potatoes
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. bacon
1/2 medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 cups whole milk
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
green onions to serve

Instructions

1. Place sliced potatoes into a stockpot and completely cover with 1" of water. Season with 1⁄2 tsp salt and cook 8-10 minutes or until potatoes pierce easily with a knife then drain.
2. Meanwhile, saute bacon in a dutch oven until crispy then transfer to a plate, reserving 1 Tbsp bacon grease in the pot.
3. Add 4 Tbsp butter and chopped onions then sautee until tender. Add garlic and cook another minute until fragrant.
4. Quickly whisk in the flour. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups milk and 2 1/2 cups broth, whisking constantly then bring to a soft boil.
5. Add drained potatoes and season soup with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper or season to taste.
6. Stir in 3/4 cup sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheddar, and half half of your cooked bacon (reserving the rest for serving). Bring to a boil then remove from heat and serve with your favorite toppings.

Back
Top Bottom