Hollygirl

Über Member
Local time
10:00 AM
Website
cogzum.com
Hello friends,

I'd just joined the forum and I would like to say "Hello".

I will be glad to exchange ideas with members about cooking.

Greetings,

I'm glad of joining the forum and I will be glad to meet new people here with similar interests. I love cooking- I like mostly homemade food, I think it's more delicious to prepare it at home. I love to prepare at home desserts and salads. I could share some desserts recipes here for you. I live in London.

Great, whereabouts in London? Have you been affected by the Tube strikes at all?
My brother was cursing all the extra traffic on the roads yesterday. He's a motorbike courier and lives in a caravan... he's off to a concert up in Derbyshire somewhere and said the only advantage of being totally stationary was that he could nip to the loo much more easily!

My brother was cursing all the extra traffic on the roads yesterday. He's a motorbike courier and lives in a caravan... he's off to a concert up in Derbyshire somewhere and said the only advantage of being totally stationary was that he could nip to the loo much more easily!

I thought being on a motorbike meant you could zip through the jams. At least, that's what I always notice when I'm stuck in my car in a jam. The bikes just slip past in the space between the lanes of cars, My partner used to be a motorbike courier in London (many years ago).

I thought being on a motorbike meant you could zip through the jams. At least, that's what I always notice when I'm stuck in my car in a jam. The bikes just slip past in the space between the lanes of cars, My partner used to be a motorbike courier in London (many years ago).
..caravan and implying nipping to the loo more easily = he's taken the car and the caravan to the concert, left the motorbike in London. Plus he's a lot more careful after the last accident left in A&E in a neck brace with a head injury, off work for 3 weeks, bike was a write off... Even the police agreed he had done nothing wrong. (He's taken to a using a shoulder mounted camera whilst he's in London now. He's fed up of car drivers and lorry/taxi drivers... you name them 4 wheels or more and apparently an indicator means I am coming through irrespective of whether you are there are or not, and irrespective of if it is actually your right of way and I'll hit you on the way through...) He's finding the toll of accidents and the cold is causing issues with his back now. He used to be a cycle bike courier at one time - gave that up because of the number of accidents he'd been in. He decided he needed to quit before he was nothing but scars and scar tissue on his knees, legs, elbows and arms. His head has always been a debatable matter ever since I threw a rock at him as a kid and rather unfortunately hit him knocking him unconscious. He fell into a burn, and I had to wade into freezing water to pull him out and then pin him down for 15 minutes until a hiker happened to come past whom I could sent to get help. He was semi-conscious and every time I let go he would wander back towards the burn.. drowning was a serious risk. It took everything I had to hold him down, but I steadfastly refused to use my hat to use as a bandage on his head! Such are the joys or limits of brother/sisterly love!

Back
Top Bottom