New SST Jetliner factory

I'm dubious. If the was a market then Boeing and Airbus would already be there. Good luck to them, but all the reasons Concorde failed are still there.

A former boss (and current friend) of mine had piles of mney, and he flew the Concorde to Europe once. He said it was a cool experience, but he'd never spend that much money again for the shorter flight. And, this guy would spend $50K on a long weekend in Vegas.

CD

A former boss (and current friend) of mine had piles of mney, and he flew the Concorde to Europe once. He said it was a cool experience, but he'd never spend that much money again for the shorter flight. And, this guy would spend $50K on a long weekend in Vegas.

CD
With first class air travel offering so much in terms of comfort, entertainment and connectivity these days I'm not sure getting there a couple of hours earlier would really be a way most wealthy people could want to spend their money. Given that you can spend more time travelling to, and waiting at airports than in the air, if you really needed to be somewhere quick then private charter is the way to go.

With first class air travel offering so much in terms of comfort, entertainment and connectivity these days I'm not sure getting there a couple of hours earlier would really be a way most wealthy people could want to spend their money. Given that you can spend more time travelling to, and waiting at airports than in the air, if you really needed to be somewhere quick then private charter is the way to go.

Can't argue with that.

CD

Here's how Overture's interior will look. Every seat has a window!!
:whistling:
Overture's Interior..jpg

Here's how Overture's interior will look. Every seat has a window!!
:whistling:
View attachment 96268
Interesting, clearly that points to monumental ticket prices. I've been reading on the subject, and it looks like the serious players in the supersonic transport game are looking at smaller 20-30 seaters based on current military knowledge and targeting the business jet market. They are even looking at doing away with windows to remove complexity and risk, with live outside camera views projected onto the cabin walls. Their business model makes more sense as they can go to any regional airport and run a more flexable service.

I don't fly now, so I wouldn't fly on an SST, even though I'd get across the pond faster & sooner.To me though, it just seems amazing that a co has the Carisma & stamina to even come forward, build a factory to house the making of another SST since the Concorde!! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom