Non alcoholic wine

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
11:43 AM
We have both given up alcohol and have been looking for non alcoholic alternatives. So far we have tried a rose which is rather nice, today we tried a red and sadly had to pour it away, it tasted dreadful.
Up to now we have only looked at the small selection in Sainsburys, our local M & S don't sell any. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

Nice Rose

20230423_213925.jpg

Not so good red

20230423_212533.jpg

We have both given up alcohol and have been looking for non alcoholic alternatives. So far we have tried a rose which is rather nice, today we tried a red and sadly had to pour it away, it tasted dreadful.
Up to now we have only looked at the small selection in Sainsburys, our local M & S don't sell any. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

There are some good reviews on YouTube. I have tried a few. Nothing has knocked me over, so far. I have found a few beers that are okay, with food. I like beer with pizza, and some of the non-alcohol beers do the job adequately.

CD

Well done for giving up alcohol! I can't really offer suggestions but I have noted on various TV programmes they have featured non alcoholic wines recently. https://www.itv.com/thismorning/art...f-the-best-alcoholic-and-non-alcoholic-drinks

The above lists an M&S Prosecco alternative.
There are some good reviews on YouTube. I have tried a few. Nothing has knocked me over, so far. I have found a few beers that are okay, with food. I like beer with pizza, and some of the non-alcohol beers do the job adequately.

CD

I have given up due to weight struggle and arthritis, neither are compatible bedfellows with alcohol.

When we have a celebratory meal we like to have something different. This Friday we have been invited to friends for a wine and cheese evening which is why we tried the red yesterday to see if it would be worth taking, it wasn't. Maybe we will just take 2 bottles of rose for now and keep looking.

I don't drink non alcoholic wine but as most here know I only drink alcohol maybe 5 times a year due to being on blood thinners. I personnally like the Japanese approach of serving different teas with meals, but if that's not your thing I recommend kombucha which is Japanese fermented tea , served cold . It's a healthier (still got sugar) alternative to soda and has a 'grown up' taste so to speak. This only goes for the real deal however, don't take the things like raspberry kombucha because then you're still drinking soda.

Kombucha - Wikipedia

Couldn't answer proper.
As I'm not yet tutored in ho to match wines and food it's fascinating how this thousand years old tradition is changing. There're many non alcoholic wines who received good critics and as I really enjoyed alcohol free beer I'm sure the wine will also taste good.

This only goes for the real deal however, don't take the things like raspberry kombucha because then you're still drinking soda.
I think that depends entirely on what you buy. The stuff I get has no added sugar and is 7 calories per 250ml.

I've randomly picked one of the varieties I get from time to time

Remedy Kombucha Wild Berry - 24 x 250ml

Certified organic raw kombucha (sparkling water, wild kombucha culture, black tea*, green tea*), hibiscus tea*, natural sweeteners (erythritol* and steviol glycosides*), lemon juice*, natural blueberry, blackberry, strawberry and caramel flavours.

I don't class that as soda or pop (as I know it).

Do you've some hard-core organic shops in the Netherlands? In Germany we've those and I'm pretty sure they'll have it

Do you've some hard-core organic shops in the Netherlands? In Germany we've those and I'm pretty sure they'll have it
I can buy store bought kombucha there yes, just not a healthy flavored variety like raspberry, that's only available as a soda like type. I will stick to hardcore healthy organic kombucha 😄

Pass!

During my wife's pregnancy, we found some of the white and sparkling non-alcoholic wines to be "just ok" but never did we find a non-alcoholic red wine that made it past half glass. This leads me to generalize that non-alcoholic red wine just sucks 😅

During my wife's pregnancy, we found some of the white and sparkling non-alcoholic wines to be "just ok" but never did we find a non-alcoholic red wine that made it past half glass. This leads me to generalize that non-alcoholic red wine just sucks 😅

So far we have only tried 1, as red is my preferred tipple it is a bit of a bummer :(

I have also not encountered a decent red. The whites have not impressed me, either.

CD

Back
Top Bottom